Murder of child Hitler

by meadow77 19 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

Someone posed this question to me the other day, and I have to say it has really had me thinking. We were discussing abortion, and they asked me if I would have killed Hitler as a baby, knowing what he would do as an adult. I believe murder is wrong, but do you think it is justified saving others lives? Also, it's a complex question, because it involves the murder of a child, even if it was Hitler. What do you think. Would murder of Hitler as a baby been justified?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

If you have that much foreknowledge, then why not just block Hitlers ascension as Hitler. He was in Vienna as a youngster, that is where he reached his views on race. Or, change the conditions that led to Hitlers popularity....Two wrongs dont make a right.

• larc
    larc

This is a very complex question, I think. I would say that killing Hitler probably would not have made a difference. Someone else would have stepped in to do the job. Just look at all the henchmen who worked loyally for Hitler's cause. The German word for this idea is, Zeitgueist, which means the spirit of the times. According to this view, it is not the man who made the events, rather, it is the preceeding events that led to the man doing what he did.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would not kill him.

My reasoning is not based on any moral issues. My reasoning is based on the fact that humanity learned a lot from his actions. We learned that it is possible for a leader to go too far. We learned that eugenics does not work with feeling humans. We learned that it is wrong to "cleanse" the genetic pool. We learned that diversity is a good thing.

It was a hard learned lesson, but it is still a very important lesson that we use every day.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I would not want "my" son to be one of the most infamous people. I may not have been able to stop the holocaust, but if I had foreknowledge of what he'd become, I would do things to change the circumstances ..... ie support his lousy art career or immigrate to Africa and let him be the minority!

• Realist
    Realist

no...killing someone is never the answer.

thichi is right...with all the foreknowledge just stop him from becoming the dictator he was.

• detective
    detective

I'm not sure how a debate on killing Hitler has anything at all to do with abortion?

However...

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up (Hosea 13:16).

• Francois
    Francois

I think it's a very simple question. "Do not judge, for in the manner that you judge, so will you be judged..." See how easy?

Do I think Hitler will progress to the next level of being? I don't know. See paragraph one. It seems that Hitler was indeed mad, and my impression is that the less than normal minded, those who cannot develop an appreciative and loving and understanding of God will not progress. But I would not essay a judgement on that question. Not my yob.

francios

• Realist
    Realist

well isn't that lovely!

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up (Hosea 13:16).

and you dare to complain about hitler! nutcases lived in all times at it seems.

Francois,

those who cannot develop an appreciative and loving and understanding of God will not progress.

you mean progress to this high level mentioned above???

• detective
    detective
    and you dare to complain about hitler!

Huh? Are you addressing me?

I'm just noting that anyone who uses Hitler to bolster a prochoice argument ought to rethink their strategy. I mean, if I were "pro-life", I could just counter with a "what if the fetus was going to grow up to be Mother Theresa"? I wouldn't argue that way either, but hey, that's just me.

So, I thought I'd throw a little biblegod approved abortion into the mix. You know, before someone started the whole "thou shalt not kill" thang.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit