Nails in The WT Coffin

by hillbilly 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Analysis
    Analysis

Axelspeed

I agree with you fully. I could not say it any better.

• JT
    JT

Gone are the glory days of nose to the grindstone field service, doctrinal discussion, looking to bethel as Valhalla for brothers, or pioneering for sisters.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

yes those days are long gone, they dont make jw like they used to now they are wimpy in comparision to the 4hour straight in field service types in comparison to the 7-11 coffee types today in 45min-

in your avg hall on a sat morning I would bet 95% of those out dont make a full 2 hours in door to door instead they do that OTHER END OF TOWN RETURN VISIT TO KEEP THE TIME GOING

If the WT was not worried about it, (and really wanted get the message out) there is no reason each and every issue should not be online

%%%%%%%%%%%%

EXCELLENT POINT, whenever I talk to jw who are tech savy that is the million dollar question, why are the pub not on the net, the wt should have their ENTIRE LIBRARY OF PUBLISHED MATERIAL avaible to any bible student on the face of the earth

When you ask a tech savy jw you will see one of two things

A light will go off in their head or they will get that GLASSY LOOK IN THEIR EYES AND FLOAT OFF TO LA LA LAND

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Link:

If anyone might be wondering (I bet you're not), this is important to me because I have challenged my wife to provide me with one shred of evidence that Ray was disfellowshipped for apostacy, as she and her JW friends claim.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In JW-land, in the average R&F JW brain, Ray Franz "must have been disfellowshipped for apostasy". That was the allegation when it was printed in the KM that Ray Franz had been disfellowshipped. To the mind of Joe J. Dub, what else would possess a member of the Governing Body to leave behind everything? After all, and I'm sure you will remember either thinking it yourself, or at least having other JWs offer the sentiment, that being a member of the GB was as close to Jehovah as any human could ever hope to achieve on this earth, in this "System of Things". To turn your back on that "supreme privilege" could only mean one thing: apostasy. The same thing of old-timers like Jim Penton, who is/was a 3rd generation JW and a member of the "remnant": what else would make someone throw away a place in heaven at God's right hand, but apostasy??

Of course, the reality is far different from the assumptions, but JWs are not allowed to explore the truth about The Truth TM , are they?

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 30 December 2002 17:1:58

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

JT,

The 7-11 types, that is a good one.

yes those days are long gone, they dont make jw like they used to now they are wimpy in comparision to the 4hour straight in field service types in comparison to the 7-11 coffee types today in 45min-

The problem is most of the dubs now don't really want to be out banging on doors. The only reason why they do it is because they are shamed and pressured into it.

Will
  • SloBoy
    SloBoy

Most of the younger JW's ( 19-30yrs old ) would have definitely been labeled " bad association " when I was coming into the Borg (1974). All these full time jobs, getting married, having kids, buying homes, all from Satan, placed as " distractions ". Nowadays, these ones are on the fast track to elderhood, and they respond to our blank stares of amazement with " you got a problem with that ?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit