Elders? Ministerial servants? Pioneers

by lv4fer 42 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Well shhhhhhhhhh! I just moved out of state & I found out at the neighborhood Christmas party that there are two JW families on my street. We were talking about a little friendly competition next year in the neighborhood with Christmas decorations - when someone said our street would be at a disadvantage because of the two Jehovah's on the street.

My husband just looked at me and laughed. We didn't say anything to anyone (I figure I left over 10 years ago - they couldn't track me down here)

tee hee - we decided to attack them next year & decorate their homes while they were at "church" - ok, so we were all drinking a little!!!

closer

• siegswife
    siegswife

I was a regular pioneer. When I realized (from the Scriptures) that 'the truth' wasn't, I went to several more meetings, then bagged a district assembly and took my boys camping instead. After that, I stopped attending meetings, the elders came to ask me why, I expressed my concerns, they checked with Brooklyn (supposedly) and came back a few weeks later to tell me that I was wrong, and I told them that I didn't want to be associated anymore.

I found out later that I'm df'd rather than da'd. Don't know why and don't really care anymore.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I've been a MS for the past 6 years. However, I've always declined appointment of "elder" during the last two. (Details within my personal profile). I'm still considered a MS even though I had requested to step-down from that position also (letter to the BOE on October 30th). In the meantime, the elders have put me on "light-duty". (No talks or Book Study assistant anymore ). Now I'm awaiting the expected "shepharding call" from the CO during his next up-coming visit in April.

Now doing the slow-fade. When they look behind them in line, they'll find my place vacant .

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT Exerting Vigorously")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit