Who Is Jehovah?

by reporter 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reporter
    reporter

Who is Jehovah/Yahweh?

Christians should all honestly and thoroughly investigate the contradictions between the Old and New Testaments in terms of the descriptions of God.

The God of the New Testament is described as a God of love, mercy and peace.

The god of the Old Testament is described as jealous, vengeful god, a war-monger. He said "Thou shalt not kill", then proceeded to help the Israelites to brutally kill tens of thousands of Arabs in order to take their land.

Can the two Testaments possibly be talking about the same thing?

The 'god" of the Old Testament was actually a tribe of renegade space cannibals, with a leader named "Yahweh", who was the commander of a UFO spacecraft ("pillar of fire", "pillar of cloud", etc.) and a geneticist who cloned Adam and Eve from himself and put them on this planet which was already inhabited at that time, And the "first born sons" of the Israelites became road dinner for the "Jehovahs".

All of this may sound UN-believable to most Christians. But try reading the Old Testament with these things in mind. For example, read the part about one of the Old Testament characters, Jacob, I think, wrestling with god, and winning!

Also, notice that the god of the Old Testament is often referred to in the plural. (Use the King James Version). Some later versions are per-versions.)

See also the book The Lost Tribes From Outer Space, by Marc Dem and The Twelfth Planet, by Zecharia Sitchin.

- Robert E. McElwaine (USA), New Dawn Magazine, July 2001.

Virgil Armstrong calls Jehovah/Yahweh "head of the Lesser Gods".

• Francois
    Francois

There's one in every crowd.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I just thought of a new rule Simon might like to add to the forum:

Your first 100 posts are in 8 pt type.

Your next 900 posts are in 10 pt type -- no larger.

You are allowed to use 12 pt type after your first 1000 posts.

Every time you use a point size larger than 12 pt, however, you get penalized to the next lower size for the next 100 posts.

Gamaliel

• Gordy
    Gordy

That was the best laugh I had for ages!!

How do people come up with these weird theories?

It is so obvious that person has NOT read the Bible, probably only knows the usual well known bits, then cobbles a theory from them.

How does that all fit in with what the "Raelians" say about their version of aliens etc. And every other group who comes up with such ravings.

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL @ Gamaliel

But then us old farts that already use reading glasses would have an even harder time of absorbing such fine revelations as the above!

Craig (of the "hewhaY is my father" class)

• reporter
    reporter

Despite the obvious crackpot-type post that this appears to be, there has to be something said for why the Witnesses believe in a Jehovah that is a "manly person of war..."

If you are/were a JW, stop and think of how many Jehovah is going to war songs and related themes you can find in the Kingdom Melodies songbook. I post this article to give pause for thought.

People here in the past have posted here that Jehoover-is-the-great-hitman-in-the-sky, or words to that effect. I believe that by uncovering some of the root causes of this problem worship, perhaps we can steer people away from the JWs and all the destructive spirituality that accompanies such groups.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

LSD eatin' at ur brain boy? Seriously folks, can't stop laughing on my end.

• Been there
    Been there

Ona, who you callin an old fart? Women don't fart Thanks for standing up for us anyway. I found it rather nice not to have to find my glasses to read his post. Besides how do we know it didn't happen that way? I think when it comes down to it your guess is as good as mine.

• reporter
    reporter

You now attacked two of my posts, and after explanation, continue to deride me. Mr.Moe, Shut the DELETEDup.

Edited by - reporter on 29 December 2002 21:30:4

Edited by - Englishman on 30 December 2002 5:10:29

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

You said the F word, you said the F word...... SIMON!!!! Oh SIMON!!! He said the F word!!!! *points finger in an accusing manner*

Edited because I am out of posts....

The 'god" of the Old Testament was actually a tribe of renegade space cannibals, with a leader named "Yahweh", who was the commander of a UFO spacecraft ("pillar of fire", "pillar of cloud", etc.) and a geneticist who cloned Adam and Eve from himself and put them on this planet which was already inhabited at that time, And the "first born sons" of the Israelites became road dinner for the "Jehovahs".

Classic, this is a post I will never forget

Edited by - MrMoe on 29 December 2002 21:43:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit