Been lurking and now I've found me voice!

by AnotherEscapee 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Hi Everyone

Been looking around for a while and have posted a few times but said nothing real significant. Well, anyway, I thought it was about time I said "Hi and it's good to meet you all". Like many of you, I too have a story but not ready to share it yet, as I have two beautiful daughters trapped in the Borg and I'd hate to do anything to jeopardize my relationship with them, you never know who lurks around or am I being paranoid! I've made my escape but it has cost me my home and family and now the elders are trying to trump up some sin to disfellowship me but I'm fighting that - I won't give them the satisfaction, sad really they think I'm such a threat.

That's enough for now - thanks for reading!

• gumby
    gumby

Hey A@E

Welcome,

I lurked here a long time...(6 months ) before my first post. You will like it here as you wil see.

BTW......try and remember to have all of your questions answered by me as I am the brightest one here....OK?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome!

Sorry that you've got two daughters still in the Borg. It's hard to make a clean break when you still have family in. Remember the Borg's saying "where there's life there's hope" (in terms of bringing people into "the Truth"? Well, I think that way about family who are still in. I NEVER thought I would ever leave, yet I did. So there's hope for our family members yet.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Hi, nice to meet you. You will find a lot of help and support here. I hope you can successfully walk the tightrope of being true to yourself, and maintaining contact with your daughters. This is no small task in the face of the Borg's shunning policy.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome on... wow.. we have had alot of new people come in lately.

Sorry to hear about your situation with your family. I left over a year ago and my family just now followed me out about a month ago. There is always hope.

• onacruse
    onacruse

<--------shielding eyes from the overwhelming brilliance of gumby's scintillating glory

Welcome, AE. And like Prisca said, there's always hope. In one way or another, a large number of us here (majority?) have family and/or friends who we also hope will become another escapee.

Craig

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi AnotherEscapee:

I, too, have a daughter who is still a JW. The rest of the family is inactive at this point. I am sorry that life has been so difficult for you lately. Hopefully you still can retain a relationship with your daughters. There are JW families who do as they please and will reject the societies edict to shun the DF'd, even if they are family. My daughter said she would never shun me. I hope your daughter's feel the same.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Mrs. Shakita

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

pr_capone

Welcome on... wow.. we have had alot of new people come in lately.

Well PC the light is getting brighter and brighter......LMAO

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello AnotherEscapee,

I like your moniker. You will not be new for long. It seems people grow fast here.

Before long you will be welcoming new ones.

Onacruse,

Are you home yet?

Jst2laws

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good to have you aboard....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit