Do you get mad when you post on this site and...

by gilwarrior 28 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Simon,

Angharad always thinks she's a 'thread killer' who dooms every thread she posts on (and hardly ever starts new topics)

LMAO!!!! She described my feeling to a tee. I have seen more damn threads that end with gumby.......than dubs have brains!

Gilly......yes it gets you irritated sometimes like no one gives a crap. Sometimes it's the board going through a boring spot.Most of the time it's the subject. I've seen the board slow then when someone has something "hot" people start responding. (talking about your bleeding ass doesn't help much....LOL )

• COMF
    COMF

I don't get mad. disappointed, sometimes, but that's the nature of forums. As Scully pointed out, often the most meaningful posts leave nothing more to be said. And because of the "bubble" nature of the forum (a post with a response bubbles to the top, where it begins to sink again unless saved by another response) the thoughtful, deep and meaningful posts often sink like a stone into the abyss below the depths of the fourth page.

For this reason, when a post is particularly noteworthy or moving, I will post something like "Amen, brotha" just to bring it back to the top, where hopefully some who missed it the first time will see it now. Also, because I know the sting of posting and getting few responses, sometimes I give a high-five just to let the poster know it was appreciated.

But high-fives are most effective when kept to a reasonable limit. Fill a thread with them, and you doom it to the fires of mediocrity.

• TR
    TR

My collection of posts are about the most mundane, trivial, bland pieces of crap to ever soil Simon's forum. Go ahead, click "members" at the top, then find "TR" and look at my posts. Or not. I don't get mad, though. I do think about offing myself for being such a dickweed.

TR

Edited by - TR on 28 December 2002 21:36:42

• rocketman
    rocketman

I think many of us read some threads without posting on them , because, as mentioned, sometimes there's just nothing to add, no improving on the thought. Many of us can't keep up either, as pettygrudger alluded to.

Sometimes, yeah, there can be a sense of disappointment, especially if we put alot of thought/research/emotion into a thread.

• Shakita
    Shakita

gilwarrior:

Don't feel so bad. We have all had posts that we feel should have been given more attention. C'est la vie!

gumby said:

(talking about your bleeding ass doesn't help much....LOL

I have to tell you, I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Thanks for making my day with that thread! (hope you are feeling better, no really I do..he..he..sorry)

Mrs. Shakita

• Swan
    Swan

It's easy to get discouraged in this old system when nobody responds to our message. That's why we need to persevere; so that we can get to Simon's new system!

Tammy

• onacruse
    onacruse
    I spent a long collecting my thoughts and typing them down

gil: That alone makes any post worth the time, and worth the reading. imho, most of the learning and healing is in the sharing, not in the responses.

Craig

• larc
    larc

Hey Gil, or should I refer to you as brother Warrier. In either case, I may not have seen your original thread, but I spent considerable time and effort addressing other threads regarding your father's bakery business, your thinking about opening a video store, your new job in Los Vegas, etc. No, I did not comment on your bleeding asshole because I know nothing of the subject, so forgive me for not posting and saying I have no advice to give. Hey bucky, you are too damned sensitive, but at least you can discuss your sensitivities with us here. This is good practice for getting a life in the real world, because we tell it like is, which people in the real world don't do. I like you Gil, and I wish you the best.

• Marcos
    Marcos

Swan,

You made my day with your comment:

It's easy to get discouraged in this old system when nobody responds to our message. That's why we need to persevere; so that we can get to Simon's new system!

Thanks,

Marcos

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Unequivocally No! Here's how it is with me.I see a post, I read it.I post a topic others read it.The number of readers far outweigh the number of responses.Its a interchange of thoughts and ideas shared by all whether we feel we need to respond or just enjoy the posts.All of us are here for each other in some small way or larger.We impact each other as we share common emotions ,sorrow, tears ,happiness,laughter,songs,jokes, and the various disagreements we express as we are all solidfied in the common goal of freedom to express ourselves on this forum. Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit