Do you get mad when you post on this site and...

by gilwarrior 28 Replies latest jw friends

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

very few people, if any, respond to it. I remember when I first wrote my life story on this website and only one person responded to it. I remember getting really pissed off. I was thinking, "Man, I spent a long collecting my thoughts and typing them down, and no one cares. Damn, this sucks!" But then I thought, "Well, maybe I shouldn't take this too seriously."

Has anyone gotten mad, because no one responded to their posts?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

No.

• animal
    animal

naaaa... why get mad? A post should be made to be shared, not to see how many people reply to it. If I were to worry about replies, I wouldnt post anything serious. Those get the most.

Animal

• Scully
    Scully

Actually, sometimes there's really nothing to say in response to a post because it stands beautifully on its own. Sometimes the number of views a thread gets says more than the replies to it do.

Love, Scully

• Simon
    Simon

(shhh ... no one reply ... te-he-he )

Angharad always thinks she's a 'thread killer' who dooms every thread she posts on (and hardly ever starts new topics)

Actually though, while I've been working on the new site, I noticed that I have the distinction of having the oldest thread that has never been replied to (sob).

Of course the real dilema is whether, after our topic has sunk down, we 'bttt' it ourselves, thus making it more obvious !

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I dont get mad when I post and noone replies... ya never know when after it sits there for some time someone comes by and read it and gets real enouragement because of it.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Gil, I wouldn't get to upset when others don't post a response....take me for instance. I've been away a few days, and I swear it will take me HOURS to get caught up on reading all the different threads, let alone respond to them. Then, alot of times I just don't have the words to make an intelligent response (no picking on me here!). And sometimes, I like to think that your post pretty much "says it all", and all that could be posted in response would just be agreement. Then there are the times where I know any advice I could give would probably be the WRONG kind, and therefore detrimental, so I defer to those more knowledgeable on a given situation or comment. It doesn't mean that I don't care, I just don't know what to say.

• JH
    JH

I understand what you mean. It's like talking to somebody who doesn't answer you. It can be frustrating, but some topics are more popular than others. Once I started a thread that no one answered. And sometimes 50 people will answer. Your not doing too bad on this one...

• mouthy
    mouthy

No I am used to being shunned.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

No i don't get mad , i just

Most of my life I felt like I was invisible...so I'm used to being ignored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit