Advice on Waiting for Jehovah

by Anon_SA1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Anon_SA1
    Anon_SA1

Hi Guys,

In discussions with a current JW, they told me that have big concerns with regards to the 607 BCE date, but they are waiting on Jehovah for refining. Any suggestions on questions to pose to them based on their feedback?

Thank you

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Waiting on big J is a thought stopping response, it is used to ease cognitive dissonance and prevent further discussion of uncomfortable facts. Cults use thought stopping a lot.

"Make sure of all things hold fast to what is true" and use the Bereans as an example.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why did Jehovah(tm) give the wrong information to his mouthpice on Earth in the first place?
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The majority of J.W.'s will point-blank refuse to accept any proof that the 607 B.C.E. date is false, so why not remind the person of Jesus' words to his apostles at Acts 1:7 "He said to them: "It does not belong to you to know the times or *seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction."

*"the seasons" - a fixed and definite time, the time when things are brought to crisis, the decisive epoch waited for. (Strong's Lexicon)

"epoch" - a particular period of time marked by distinctive features, events, etc. (Dictionary.com)

Pretty obvious to anyone who can use their own reasoning that Jesus was telling that Christians would not know when this time would come.

Maybe the individual has forgotten this warning, at Matthew 24:44 "....because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you [Christians] do not think to be it."

• Lieu
    Lieu
    They, like Adam & Eve, just gotta have that fruit which doesn't belong to them. (aka "stealing")
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Annon ( Q ) Any advice on questions to pose to them based on their feedback?

The Rebel.( A) They believe the Watchtower are the packagers and owners of truth, it's your job to pose questions to prove they are not. But don't give up hope if they don't reason, the organisation has done its job of indoctrination on them over many years. So stay friends and be pleased you saw through the indoctrination. Most importantly give them time to come around," chip away at them" is a term we used when I conducted bible studies. The same I am sure is true, when on the other side.

The Rebel.

• Splash
    Splash

Lot's of examples where a faithful person did not 'wait on Jehovah' but did the right thing.

Look at the kings and judges, Moses, Daniel, Jehu, Jael, Jesus.
    All these did what they knew to be right because they were faithful and jealous for God.

Examples of those who did wait expectantly while doing the wrong thing includes the pharisees.

"Wait on Jehovah" is nothing more than a cowardly excuse to justify inaction.
    If you know something is wrong than you have a personal responsibility.

For a great resource on 587BCE vs 607BCE see this video series.
    Lot's of short clips dealing with one aspect at a time.

• prologos
    prologos

we do not know what time really is, but sometimes know what time it is.

As predicted, this morning, an hour ago was Perseid meteor shower time;-- saw 3, possibly four in that short span of time and patch of sky. waiting for Aug 31, 2017, 10am.

607? it is beyond me,

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Duet 18:20-2220 “‘If any prophet presumptuously speaks a word in my name that I did not command him to speak or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.+ 21 However, you may say in your heart: “How will we know that Jehovah has not spoken the word?” 22 When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.’
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

[They] have big concerns with regards to the 607 BCE date, but they are waiting on Jehovah for refining. Any suggestions. . .?

Is that what the Bible instructs us to do? Sit on one's arse and just wait?

PROV 2:4 "and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, 5then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."

MATT 13:45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."

WHY IS KNOWLEDGE REGARDING 607 BCE SO "VALUABLE"?

Because it is the date by which the Organization sets their timeline for the Great Tribulation & Armageddon (or, all these things that are about to take place). And what does the Bible say about that?

LUKE 21:7 "Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?” 8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them."

Maybe it would be best to "wait" somewhere than inside the Organization. (See Deuteronomy quote above.)

BE CAREFUL.........if you say too much........you'll be labeled an apostate. You can only barely "stir them". They've got to awaken on their own.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit