Newly DA'ed Our story

by Robotnomore 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome, Robotnomore!

I can't imagine how much adjustment is in store for someone who has been thru 50 years of head-nodding indoctrination sessions. I wonder how it feels sleeping in on Saturday - and letting those poor worldly people have their Saturday mornings to themselves - probably strange but liberating.

We all wish you luck in trying to pull your family back together.

Edited by - buster on 28 December 2002 14:8:1

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

Robotnomore,
    If you and your wife really feel better leaving the org, then more power to you both and continue enjoying your newly found way of life! ; But in all fairness, please leave your kids and their families alone if they feel just as good inside their religion.
    Also, to call it a 'lie' but then go on to say how your child at home enjoyed her first christmas, is quite interesting reasoning on your part. ; If not living a 'lie' is what you both wanted, starting by celebrating the biggest lie of all is not the correct path really.</P> 
    Take care & enjoy!
  • Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

Robotnomore,

If you both feel better leaving the organization, then by all means, more power to you! But in all fairness, leave be the ones in your family that feel just as good being in the religion.

Also, is quite an interesting reasoning on you part that you should call it a 'lie' but then go on to enjoy a holiday founded on the biggest lie of them all!

How about doing some research on it, the way you did your research on the religion so well.

Funny how we people think at times, especially when we just plain want to do what we wish, regardless of the facts.

Take care and enjoy!

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

To Skeptically yours:

Yes, we do feel much better since we have recieved our freedom to worship the Lord in the way we feel is right. We have also conveyed this to all of our children, that they should worship the way that they feel is right. But as children raised as JW's we did not have the opportunity to make an informed decision because the WT Society covers up and lies about their past. And because we raised our children as JW's they did not have the opportunity to make and informed decision either. So we would like to have the opportunity to inform them of all the things that were held back from us by the WT.

We were totally decieved about the organization and their past. We truly believed they were God's mouth piece here on the earth. We believed their interpretations of the bible and since they were the faithful and discreet slave we trusted that they were truly from God. But after reading the Proclainers book and we had inherited a whole library of old books, which we finally took the time to read and become TRULY INFORMED, we realized that we were only following men's own interpretations of the scriptures, which were subject to change when a new President of the WT came along. At Duet. 18: 18-22 God tells how to know when someone is truly speaking for him and that is if what they say comes true.

OK......Did Jesus come back in 1874 or 1914????? Did Abraham, Issac, and the ancient worthies come back in 1925????? Did Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and the Ancient Worthies live at the beautiful Beth Sarim or did Judge Rutherford make his home there????? Who really were the higher powers???? The Governments? Jesus? Jehovah?????? What happened to those in 1919 that Rutherford spoke to and said that millions now living will never die????? Rutherford is now dead and so are the next three Presidents that followed him!!!!! Are the 144,000 going to be a higher class and the great crowd going to be a lesser class but all go to heaven?????? Or will only the 144,000 go to heaven and the great crowd live here on earth?????? Did Armageddon come in 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1975 and before the generation of 1914 passed away?????? The bible says plainly in Duet. 18 that if what a prophet says in Gods name doesn't come true, then it is spoken presumptously and they will die and we don't have to be afraid of them.

As for holidays, read Romans 14:5-14 which says whoever observes the day observe it to the Lord and to be convinced in your own mind. In our minds it is a very good thing to celebrate the birth of our Lord, be it on Dec.25th or any other day.

Do not judge for we will all stand before the judgement seat of Jesus. So each one of us will give an account to God. Also, Col. 2: 16-23 says, Let no one judge you in food or in drink or regarding a FESTIVAL. This is totally different to what the so called faithful & discreet slave has been saying all these years.

So, as for our household we will believe what the bible says. It is so plain, we don't need men to interpret it for us anymore. We finally have found the true God and our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

Skeptically yours, we hope this answers your post. We know how you feel. Two years ago we would have been very skeptical and defensive too. Keep on searching the scriptures on your own and you will see a whole different Loving Lord and Savior that wants everyone to be Saved.

May God bless you in your search.Sincerely,
    Robotnomore

• sinner
    sinner

hmmm i was afraid i wouldnt fit in on this site with being dissasociated ...... maybe i'm thinking wrong.... personally right now i dont have much to say except yelling stuff cos i still have a hell of a lot of hatred with the "truth" i use the term loosely .... i'm starting fresh no family no friends but i wont be beaten...... i have my kids and our first christmas was wonderful...

sinner

( and so glad i am )

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's interesting and rather ironic that reading the "Proclaimers" book is what led at least some folks here to look further into the Society's teachings. An unintended effect, I would guess. Maybe the writers of that book are saying "D'oh!".

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sinner, Hope ya stick around. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. gary

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

We just wanted to say thanks again for all of the encouragement and kind words. They mean alot to us. We will use some of the advice given and we will ignore some of it. But thanks for the replies both ways. We are having new experiences every day. Some good, some bad. But it makes life interesting. Happy New Year to everyone!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I just wanted to say welcome to Robotnomore and sinner. Hang around there are alot of nice people here and all of us speak the same language. When you first walk away from the borg you feel like a fish out of water. Give yourself time it really does become easier.

Sinner I hope you had a nice first Xmas with your kids. Feels weird at first but the kids love it. Glad you have joined the ranks of those that are truly enlightened. The scales have been peeled from our eyes and know we can really see the truth. That we all were deceived!!!!

Love

Leslie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Robotnomore and sinner. Great story, Robotnomore. Sinner, I think you will manage to fit in just fine here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit