Newly DA'ed Our story

by Robotnomore 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

Hello everyone!

My wife and I have been witnesses for almost 50 years. We are both third generation witnesses and raised in the "Lie". We raised our kids in it also. Our two older daughters are married and sorry to say strong in the lie. We have told them about all of the things we have found out but like all of the witnesses, they just put on the blinders. Their husbands are both min. servants, about to be elders, so we are just praying for them to see that the real truth is Jesus Christ.

The way we started researching was because of the proclaimers book. There is a couple of sentences about the pyramid in it. We had never heard of it before so we started doing research on it in some of the old publications. I have a very good library of old books that go all the way back to Russell. When we started our research, guess what we found out???? More and more and more and more.......... Long story short---We just sent in our disassociation letter. We haven't heard back from them yet and don't know if we will. It really doesn't matter either way because we are out for good.

We have been doing alot of Bible reading without the comic books to tell us what it means. Our eyes have been poping out of our heads. It has been such a joy to see and feel the real LOVE of Christ...FINALLY

We feel like we have wasted a big part of our lives but we are trying not to look back, but go forward and be positive. Sometimes it's hard when we start thinking about our kids that won't have anything to do with us. We do have one more at home that is still young and she didn't have any problem with leaving the Org. She has made many new friends already and has enjoyed celebrating her birthday and her first Christmas this year.

I have been reading the post on this site for about a year now and this is the first time I have posted. Thanks to all of you for the encouraging words. They help more than you know sometimes.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get family out, feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you. We both have many relatives on both sides we would like to get out. Well, thats about it for now. Thanks for listening. Robotnomore

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

It's hard when your family is still in the "Lie" but you simply explaining may make them think everytime they are at a meeting. Also take heart because some of the most unhappy JW's were the Ministerial servants wives so they may be listening more than you believe. Best to both of you for seeing the light

• avishai
    avishai

I appreciate your letter, especially the "lie" part, & the comic book part. Welcome, RNM!

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Your introduction gives me hope that my own Grandfather, approaching 90, and my mom, will also see freedom as I did, as you have. I was also a third generation witness, a soldier in a spiritual warfare which was not my own. I long for their liberation!

• blondie
    blondie
    We have been doing alot of Bible reading without the comic books to tell us what it means.

Welcome, Robotnomore. Nice to hear your story. The comment above is a keeper.

I don't have anyone to get out but there have been some good info here.

You might try this account.

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

Blondie

• Makena1
    Makena1

Welcome Robonowmore!

Wow - 50 years - you have us beat by 10 years. 3rd and 4th generation Jdubs here on father and mother's side.

Congratulations on using research and independent thinking to come to your decision. Best wishes for success with your family still in. Take things very slowly.

One of the posters on this board - Amazing - wrote a very good treatise on how he got he family out of the "lie".

Hopefully one of these days we can meet face to face. I know you will find a lot of support and friends here.

All best,

Mak and Sabine

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hello and welcome, Robotnomore. It's nice to see new ones seeing the truth about the "lie." Your story is encouraging and proff that one is never too old to see the real light.

I look forward to hearing more about you and your research and awakening of the "lie."

Lew W

• TR
    TR

Welcome Robotnomore!

It's encouraging to see that there are more and more 'hovahs that will do the research.

TR

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    Thanks to all of you for the encouraging words. They help more than you know sometimes. ----------Robotnomore

Thank you Robotnomore for your encouraging words !

peace, christina

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Here is the link to how Amazing got his family out.

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit