• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wonderful post, Smiles.

<putting on my horns to be worn proudly>

j2bf

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks, Smiles!

And welcome to the Board. (Why do I have a feeling you've been lurking a very long time?)

outnfree

• Jesika
    Jesika

Smiles,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you have found this place a good place for you as I have.

Welcome and stick around and enjoy true friendship and genuine association.

Love,

Jesika

• Nickey
    Nickey

It sure woke me up. I use to think apostates were the most evil people when I was a kid. I thought that way because it was constantly taught and I didn't know any better. And now that I'm labeled an "apostate", I know it wasn't the case. Because I know I still have a good heart and that I try to be honest and genuine. Sad to know that now others may view me as evil. I've learned to be less judgemental through this experience.

A Person Only Seeking Truth And Tells Everyone

Okay, that may be just for me because I couldn't keep my mouth shut about the real truth...

Edited by - Nickey on 26 December 2002 18:20:13

• Smiles
    Smiles

Nickey,

That's great! I like that acronym for "apostate"!

And I am sorry to hear that the JW treated you unkindly for talking about things.

You can talk about all that here!

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

I like what you said, scooby!!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What I find interesting about this thread is the difference in tone and attitude. Smiles didn't say he (she?) agreed with "apostates", only that we are encouraging to Smiles by our freedom of thought and action. It seems to me that Smiles finds that our ability to interact with each other, without fear of represssion of banishment refreshing.

Then in reading various responses I noticed how the responses were appreciative, light and positive. The lone exception was from a Witness (or at least an inactive Witness). This response was sarcastic, bitter and negative. Interesting isn't how similar this reaction is real Witnesses? If there is the slightest hint of criticism against the organization, they can't handle it. Howls of persecution or (depending on who it is) apostasy get churned out if someone dares utter a discouraging word. Only mind-numbing platitudes are allowed. Any deviation is punished.

Thank God for freedom of thought!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Revelation 13 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    I who bears this mark

Edited by - elderrepents on 28 December 2002 0:42:31

• Beans
    Beans

Well were all human. the loving kind!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thank you

Share this

Google+