WT tolerating alcoholism?

by Smiles 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Growing up as a dub kid I saw a whole lot of drinking among dubs.Usually it was kept quiet unless someone made a real ass of themselves..CO`s and DO`s didn`t drink around the rank and file(that I ever saw),but if you were a good ole boy elder they would be happy to drink your booze and stumble on home...OUTLAW

• ISP
    ISP

I know of a local case where an ex-pioneer fell into a depression and turned to drink. She lived alone and had spent her best years playing the WT game. When she needed help it wasn't there. She got DF'd. Not much tolerance there. It was easier to get rid of her than try to grapple with her problems.

ISP

• EarthyFire
    EarthyFire

Well my mother was an alcholic when I was growing up & when the elders came over to the house about that issue & the one of abuse I never heard them say it was wrong OR suggest she seek out help for her addiction. So their silance to me is a stamp of approval. Also my grandmother was a bit of a lush & her husband was an elder. Come to think of it I think many women in my family and some of our congragations had a problem with drinking. Intresting....

EarthyFire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit