The Next Teaching to Fall

by Blueblades 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi MR.SHAKITA, I'm familiar with your thoughts about the Great Crowd and Other Sheep and The 144,000 issues as to whether or not they are all the same indivduals all going to the same place or not etc.As you noted discussions on revelation interpretations are mixed and have been going on forever and each point can take up a post of its own.Thanks for your thoughts.My topic,"The Next Teaching to Fall" focuses on the-Time-Line running out for the Society! Proving again that they are False Prophets,and have given a False Hope to us olders ones who believed that we would survive the coming 'GREAT TRIBULATION' in our life time and be in a New Order Living Forever on a Paradise Earth never having to die and go to the grave in this old system of things.Blueblades

Hi INKIE, The Society is so Pregnant with Words and shaded double talk,it is ,it isn't,it was ,it wasn't,we didn't say this ,we meant that, etc.Its no wonder that we have to search and quote them about what they say and said and when they said it! Thanks Blueblades

• Realist
    Realist

Blue,

wouldn't your assumption require that the number of people with this special status are decreasing because of time passing? well it seems the number of annointed is actually increasing not decreasing. so there is little hope that this teaching will fall soon.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Blueblades,

Thanks for your insightful and well thought out post. It is indeed true that the Wt has proven itself to be a false prophet as a result of its many dates it predicted for the end that never materialized. I'll never forget many years ago having a debate with a Baptist concerning all these things. He brought up how Rutherford predicted the end in 1925 and also how the WT society had pointed to 1975 as another end, both of which failed. I remember spewing the typical WT line about, no, not being false prophets, but just individuals eager for the end that just made a mistake. It's amazing how besotted I was with the WT. I couldn't see it, but I was unable to see reason because of their slick, deceptive reasonings. Quite frankly, I think I left leaving that man befuddled, but in hindsight he was probably thinking, "What do I have to do to get through to Jehovah's Witnesses.

The problem with the WT is that they have misinterpreted what Jesus said at Matthew 24. In the Good News Bible at Matthew 24: 4,5 it reads: "Jesus answered, "Watch out, and do not let anyone fool you. Many men, CLAIMING TO SPEAK FOR ME (my highlight) will come and say, I am the messiah! and they will fool many people. Then Jesus continues with wars and reports of wars, kingdom against kingdom, famines, earthquakes, diseases, and the preaching of the good news of God's Kingdom worldwide. The Wt claims that these signs began to be fulfilled in 1914. However, the WT is unaware (I should say purposely unaware) that in centuries past all these so called signs mentioned above were much worse in centuries past. So, why didn't Jesus' return come at other times when these conditions were much worse than the 20th century. Because, in reality, Jesus was telling us not to think that wars, famines, earthquakes,diseases, etc. were an imminent sign of his return. Rather, as long as mankind existed these terrible conditions would prevail until Jesus returned suddenly and unexpectedly.

This fact is borne out by what Jesus says at Matthew 24: 23-27. It reads: "Then, if anyone says to you, Look, here is the Messiah! or There he is!-do not believe him. (that would include claims by the WT that the Messiah has returned invisibly, without any proof that his return has come) For false Messiahs and false Christs will appear; they will perform great miracles and wonders in order to deceive even God's chosen people, if possible. Listen! I have told you ahead of time. Or, if people should tell you, Look, he is hiding here!-don't believe it. For the Son of Man will come like the lightning which flashes across the whole sky from the east to the west. So, when lightning flashes across the sky, it happens suddenly and unexpectedly, therefore Christs return will be just as shocking and sudden as that.

If we were able to discern the return of Jesus by certain signs then why would he say the above at Matthew 24:23-27. In Matthew 24:36, why would he say "no one knows, however, when that day and hour will come-neither the angels in heaven nor the Son; the Father alone knows. Then Jesus refers to the days of Noah and compares that to the people alive when he returns. Then in Matthew 24:44 Jesus says: "So then, you also must always be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you are NOT (my highlight) expecting him. If that's the case, what proof is there that any particular signs or "composite sign" will point to the imminent return of Christ.

So, the Watchtower Society has been thoroughly proved to be a false prophet that Jesus warned about in Matthew 24:11. They have also been shown to take the place of Christ by claiming that only coming to their organization can people gain life. Even though John14:6 makes it plain that: "I am the way and the truth and the life; no one goes to the Father except through me." In other words, the society's claim to be the only way to God usurps Christ's unique position of being the only way to be reconciled with God. Thanks Blueblades for your post. The Watchtowers house of cards needs to come down one card or one point at a time.

Mr. Shakita

• rebel
    rebel

This is really interesting.

Island Woman said recently on this forum that we should do a study comparing Matthew 24 with Luke 21 and Luke 17. I am going to do that this evening. Apparently, Luke's account does not contain the same sense of urgency as Matthew and I want to look into this for myself.....should keep me busy!

xxR

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi REALIST! It has nothing to do with special status,it has to do with a "TIME-LINE".Again as I said before," The Great Tribulation" is linked to the "Generation Teaching",that has already fallen.So I'm not making an assumption.The Society already made the connection in the WT.11/1/95,page 17."Eager to see the end of this evil system,(notice they don't say the G.B. or FDS).but rather ,all of Jehovah's people have at times "speculated"about the time when the Great Tribulation will break out.Even tying this(the teaching about the great tribulation) to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation."

So REALIST,when I say the next teaching to fall is the teaching about the great tribulation it has already been hinted at in the 1995 WT.quoted above.They admit that there is no longer a Time-Line.And they backed off that it was a prophetic teaching on their part but rather it was speculation on the rank and files part. Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

MR.SHAKITA,Thanks,along with all that you cited and quoted scripturally add this one Luke 21:8 "DO NOT GO AFTER THEM".So,we should not consider their claims but rather as you have already pointed out when Jesus comes no one will miss it.Of course this is all based on a belief system, requiring the Bible to be the word of God.And as we know there have been strong arguments on both sides concerning doctrines,belief ,the Bible,God,Jesus etc.I'm only arguing from the views the WT.has implanted in me for over 30yrs.I'm still not settled on many issues which I must personally now bring closure to. Blueblades

• AGuest
    AGuest

Just a thought... and may you all have peace!

Doesn't it seem that the "major" changes in WTBTS doctrine tend to coincide with the change/ pending change of Society presidents... or within a few years prior to/thereafter? Given his age, then, for those of you who think change is a-coming, I would admonish you to "stay awake" and pay close attention to what changes occur just prior to...when...or soon after...Mr. Henschel is...well, succeeded. If indeed he is.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit