The Next Teaching to Fall

by Blueblades 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

New Light = New book!

• rebel
    rebel

I get angry when I think about the 1914 teaching. When I first started studying, approx 14 years ago, it was the be-all and end-all - my study conductor went over it again and again and I felt quite excited by this teaching. I thought I had finally found something that was a real gem. I told all my family and I was so happy because I thought Armageddon would come any time now and my mother would not have to grow any older or more feeble and she would hopefully still be around and see the prophecy fulfilled etc. Now, I see her growing older and she can hardle walk or see any more and she asks me when the system will end - she really believes it. I feel responsible for feeding her this garbage in the first place. I don't know what to say to her - I tell her God has it all in hand. She wants to see my little Claire (my daughter) as much as I do and I tell her just to be patient and wait - it will come. I really don't know what to say any more because I shouldn't have raised her hopes.

xxR

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, kelsey, this year's new books = same old crap!

Blondie

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

No doubt blondie- but it is the watchtower, bible and tract society- so we know they got to keep the presses running with a name like that!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Let's tie in this thread with one I started earlier today.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43078&site=3

I guess one of the most disturbing comments, which I must agree with, is from Pathofhorns;

"I figure as long as the WT prints magazines, there will be JW's that will believe no matter what to distibute them. Very few will join and a solid core will believe irregardless of gaping holes in doctrine until they die.

Truth matters very little to the average JW so I see the 1914 doctrine almost becoming irrelevant in the bigger picture. It should matter, but I don't think it will."

How sad and how true.

Eyeslice

• rebel
    rebel

"Truth matters very little to the average JW so I see the 1914 doctrine almost becoming irrelevant in the bigger picture. It should matter, but I don't think it will."

Eyeslice - I don't think this is true. Most JWs don't know the truth regarding the 1914 teaching or the organisation. It is so clever the way the WTBTS does this - you are made to feel like the lowest of the low if you even question any JW beliefs because, by doing this, you are questioning Jehovah. Most JWs I know would never come to a site like this or read ANYTHING that contradicts JW teaching out of fear - fear of what will happen to them and their families. We are told that apostates are out to catch us and make us doubt the true teachings - if we doubt, we are doomed. I am sure if most JWs could get rid of this fear of the elders etc, they would look into the false teachings being promoted by this organisation. It is as if you are trapped in a snare - the very snare that the WTBTS teaches is promoted by the satanic world we live in. When you are unable to question anything out of fear, it makes it so difficult to find out the truth.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Blueblades,

The great crowd and the other sheep are synonymous in JWland. After leaving the Wt I have done a great deal of personal study without the noise of the WT in the background. You'll remember that big Joe had to figure out why there were more than the expected 144,000 showing up. First he solidified his dictatorial hold on the bible students in 1931 when he determined that they should be henceforth called Jehovah's Witnesses. (You know, based on Isaiah 43:12) Then when more so called anointed were showing up than the expected 144,000, big Joe had to figure out how to dupe the rank and file further.

Well, eureka, based on John 10: 16 where Jesus said: "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd." Also at Rev.7:9 it states: "After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne (that phrase is a subject for another thread) and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands." The WT says that the great crowd and the other sheep are the same group of people that have the hope to live forever on the earth. Of course the WT claims that the 144,000 are those of the heavenly hope.

From what I've read from different bible commentators is that the other sheep is understood to be the gentile Christians that began with Cornelius. Oops! That makes sense when you think about it. Jesus was speaking exclusively to the Jews. Later on people of the nations could be faithful to God and Christ and be resurrected to heaven. However, I'm also aware of scriptures dealing with people living forever on the earth. I don't think the answer to this is as airtight as the WT would have us believe.

Also, some commentators on Revelation 7 feel that the 144,000 represent those who hope to go to heaven as a group and that the great crowd is this same group although represented as individuals. Rev 19:1 says: "After these things I heard what was as a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven... Some point to this scripture to prove that the great crowd actually resides in heaven. I'm not saying I believe this, but at the very least, it gets me thinking without being clouded by WT speak. There are alot of simple explanation of scriptures that the WT has so botched up and complicated that the simple message of the bible is lost. But hey, Don't get mad at big Joe. It's not easy being a dictatorial, loud-mouthed demagogue you know.

Mr. Shakita

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hi Blueblades: Yes, you are correct and I stand corrected. It was in 1969 when the Society put of the great tribulation AS BEING A PAST EVENT. Thus, putting it off until a future time--1975. However, when 1975 came and went, it was after this that the Society put the GT off until an indefinitely future time. What I was referring to was that the Society changed it's teaching about the GT from a past/current event (in 1969) so that the great crowd has reason to BE/EXIST. I used the wrong term--"indefinite future time." The great crowd has no reason to exist now because the GT which causes their existence and from which they "come out" hasn't happened and because it is a future tribulation.

Inkie

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hi Blueblades: Yes, you are correct and I stand corrected. It was in 1969 when the Society put off the great tribulation AS BEING A PAST EVENT. Thus, putting it off until a future time--1975. However, when 1975 came and went, it was after this that the Society put the GT off until an indefinitely future time. What I was referring to was that the Society changed it's teaching about the GT from a past/current event (in 1969) so that the great crowd has reason to BE/EXIST. I used the wrong term--"indefinite future time." The great crowd has no reason to exist now because the GT which causes their existence and from which they "come out" hasn't happened and because it is a future tribulation.

Inkie

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I can recall about 15 years ago how my ex father in law preached to me for about an hour on how short the system was because of the 1914 generation was not going to be around much longer and how I better smarten up and start doing something about the troof. Well my ex father in law is no longer a good Dub and hasn't attended meetings now for about 8 years.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit