GB Helper at the RC! ( Regional Convention )

by DATA-DOG 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Some of the 'experiences' that are given at the rc's and ca's are sickeningly embellished and contrived to say the least. They are designed to appeal only to the emotional heart strings of the modern day dubs.

As I have often told my 'stillin' wife, these same kind of 'experiences' are also given at other religious events and revivals. Every religion has there "unique" stories to 'prove' that they are the true religion.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"the shoeless brother bowing down at his feet, both of them crying."

OMG, if they were BOTH crying---it must be the truf cause this never happens to others!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

He was just following the teachings of Jesus:

Matthew 6:1-3:

6 “Take care not to practice your righteousness in front of men to be noticed by them;+ otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens. 2 So when you make gifts of mercy,* do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3 But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing

Oh, wait....never mind.

• freddo
    freddo
    He didn't mean "bowing down" he meant "obeisance"! (Rolly eyes)
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

For some reason every time I see that phrase GB helper I think of GB Fluffer.

I guess if the shoe fits

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

For some reason, when I see the phrase "GB helper", I think of something like "Hamburger Helper"!

Just brown a governing body member in a skillet, then add the enclosed seasoning packet and pasta. Simmer until done.

Pfft. GB Helper is way cheesier than Hamburger Helper!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Yeah, at least hamburger helper actually helps.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I am disappointed to learn the hamburger - I mean GB helper wasn't wearing a toga. 😣

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    The GB helpers are the ones being groomed for GB membership. I saw one last year being worshiped by several JW's. It was sickening.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Billy:
    Just brown a governing body member in a skillet, then add the enclosed seasoning packet and pasta. Simmer until done.

Pfft. GB Helper is way cheesier than Hamburger Helper!

That made me laugh. My, but the humor hose is giving this forum a chuckle shower tonight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit