Why Do Inactive Ones Regularly Go To Assemblies?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickey
    Nickey

I pretty much had to go since I was still a child. Dressing up in country dresses that made me look like a dweeb. I'd usually fall asleep or have to take notes that I didn't understand. It was like the same talk over and over again. And then a few couples would stand on stage and the wives would say they were happy to be in subjection to their husbands...

This one example this sister gave even made my mother upset. They had started a family and she wanted to find a better house to raise the children in. So, she tried to have a discussion with her husband. She didn't go to him saying they were going to buy a house right there and now. She said she just wanted to talk to him and see how he felt and to at least look at a few places. He quickly cut her off saying NO and that was the end of it.

Then she goes" It was hard, but I know I had to be in subjection and listen to him because he knew best. And today, I am happy that I made a faithful and loyal subjection to my husband as the head. Just as Jesus is the head of him, he is the head of me."

Then he takes the mic and says "Yes, things have been much easier and there have been less arguments."

So no, I don't think I was there to look for a clone to date. lol

• blondie
    blondie

One way to avoid that is to go to another congregation for the Memorial where no one knows you. In the crowd, you can just slip in and slip out and relieve yourself of that guilt. Even when I was inactive, I just couldn't bring myself to miss the Memorial but I went to another congregation when none of my family went. Next year it is on Wednesday, April 16, 2003, after sundown where I will be at home celebrating it on my own.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit