Why Do Inactive Ones Regularly Go To Assemblies?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never could understand why people that never go to meetings, suddenly show up at circuit assemblies or district conventions. What do you think???

• Simon
    Simon

To see old friends?

Either that or they like the talks designed to make them feel guilty !

• ballistic
    ballistic

Perhaps they're making a prodigal return in search of talent?

Edited by - ballistic on 24 December 2002 8:29:40

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

They like to make a good impression to other friends in far away circuits and they like to see what new girls/guys are at the assemblies.

Orangefatcat.

• blondie
    blondie

To see old friends. It's a great way to socialize. If the assembly is large enough, no one knows when you got there either. You can come later and just mingle afterwards.

To get the new releases (come the last day and get all of them).

To find out when Armageddon is coming

Blondie

• Beans
    Beans

They can receive the Spiritual Food without being bothered.

It's easy to hide!

They still think it is the TRUTH!

They enjoy Shunning!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• bigred
    bigred

This is Mulan. Out of posts again, using hubby's ID.

I agree with blondie. It's a social thing.

We had a CO in the 70's who called those kind of Memorial attenders, Memorial Stars.They come out once a year.(of course he said that to the elders, not to the cong.)

• wednesday
    wednesday

I used to go to hope i would hear somehting that would help me forgive JW and still be able to serve jehovah, No way to do that.

I used to go to se old friends, and get the new books and hear new light.

don't go anymore.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Speaking from experience, we went to part of the summer convention due to pressure from family members. For me, I don't want my mom to find out that I am inactive so I went so that I could tell her that I went. However, I WON'T be going this coming year, a person can only stand so much pain and it was definitely painful.

That is also why we went to the memorial.

• Nickey
    Nickey

My mother is "inactive" and is planning on going to the Assembly. I sense some guilt along with her seeing it as something important that she should attend. Something to boost her doubts away. Maybe a quick fix. Who knows...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit