JWs are not charitable

by BashfulAshG 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG

Hey guys,

I'm just venting here because obviously, I can vent to no one else because I am still in the congregation.

JWs as a whole do nothing to help the poor, the homeless, the sick, the hungry, though some individual JWs do. Why is that? Because they are too busy giving to the GB. All they do is go in service with their carts. And have their donations pay for pedophile lawsuits.

Side story: I set up a crowdfunding for a project. True, not too many have donated, but the ones who did were all NON-JWs. None of my JW friends donated. Not even my family, including the worldly ones, but they are cheap bastards considering the minimum that I was asking was $1.

What do you think of this? Perhaps I am mad at the world for not helping with my vision.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Bashful:

would you mind sharing your Crowdfund with us so we may donate if we feel so inclined? Or if you would rather not mention it on the forum would you consider PM'img those of us that request?

And yes - as has been mentioned on this forum before, even when a JW lady is on death's bed in dire need of financial help in order to afford alternative treatment to blood transfusions to appease the Org, she is refused. They have made it abundantly clear that financial aid is not part of their policy,doctrine or conscience.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

In 30 years I have never one time seen a Jehovah's Witness give a scrap of food to a hungry person, a scrap of clothing to cold person, an hour of shelter to a homeless person and certainly not a single cent or penny to a poor derelict person that was not another witness and more often than not related to them by blood.

In the streets after having parked their comfy cars, walked in their decent clothes pushing the Governing Body's trolley of well kept literature to peddle their detached, emotionless and loveless message I have witnessed them walk past the hungry, the cold, the homeless and the derelict with not so much as an acknowledgment of these people's existence let alone need. The only thing I have ever seen any of these unfortunates received was a tract.

They may fit the definition of a religion which to qualify only requires that they believe in and claim to worship a supernatural being.

But they do not in any way quality for the definition of a charity.

Charity

1. an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.
      "the charity provides practical help for homeless people"

2. the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.

They do however qualify for the definition of a cult

Cult

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

They are not even good at helping their own out when times are hard.

When my children were very young and their mother required three months in hospital, I had to go for help to an organisation run by the local churches. (Our wonderful "brothers" - who would apparently lay their lives down on our behalf - accused me of "using" people when I sought assistance from the congregation).

All this occurred in a small town, where there are no secrets. Not surprisingly, the irony of the whole situation was not lost on the local churches! In fact, I would go as far as to say it completely negated the effects of many years' worth of door to door activity by the local congregation.

Bill.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Why don't they? Because it's a cult who warps what charity means.
  • talesin
    talesin

They have "no natural affection". If memory serves me, that is one of their favorite quotes from the Gospel.

haha, JWS, I am rubber and you are GLUE! Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to YOU! *sticks out tongue*

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    Again same policies the world over. The members are controlled worldwide. would never have believed that ...with the money the Org has that it turns its back on the helpless. In Europe, UK, North America to name a few of the places I have worked, same old. Go to the food bank, [run by churches and charitable groups] pray more get out in service more. But do not ask for money,
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I find the same. Whenever I post anything on social media about a charitable cause, the ratio of witnesses to 'worldlies' commenting or supporting or even 'liking' is at BEST 30/70 , usually 10/90.

Bear in mind that my friend ratio is probably around 20 percent 'worldlies', 80 percent dubs.

Spot the math there? Wrong way round isn't it.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

jw's will take any government hand-out they can get--but will criticize the governments at every turn as 'evil agents' of satan!

jw's will take blood 'fractions'--but will not donate any blood so that those 'fractions' can be harvested!

Just a few examples that the borg encourages 'taking' not giving!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit