DYING OF CANCER, whom can help me.

by nightwarrior 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Have to share this experience with you all

Years ago we were advised in England that computers were frowned upon not to bother with them,anyhow i never listened & therfore we bought into the computer market,we were allso advised not to spend to much time with televisions,of which i took alittle note got rid of it for six months,it gave us back family time ,any how as you guesed it the persuasion came from the local elders ,(geting rid of things.)

We then decided to buy a caravan ,yes this was frowned upon ,as we wanted weekends away to enjoy life with the family,people complained that we wouldnot be able to meet for field service transgresing against jehovah stealing his time,Anyhow we went out and bought a 23 foot twin wheel caravan the one you have to pull behind a car or jeep.

We visited lots of areas of natural beauty in England .but the story now gets interesting ,we ended up storing our caravan down in summerset ,we had great times at the site meeting all types of different people & familys,we met a special middle aged couple & there famiy became good friends,the husband has developed cancer ,has been given six months to live,he was left for deadby the hospital with no hope of seeing next christmas or beyond,, he had cancer in his liver ,i found a article on the internet wherby a (cancer surgeon ) had a way of operating on the liver ,i informed my friend ,gave his wife the contact address,and three weeks later he is booked in for an operation that will save & prolong his life,the surgeon is going to starve the infected cancerouse liver then remove the slight infected other liver which will then start to grow ,KAPOW a new lease of lifeto a man who was resigned for death.

MY POINT HERE IS.

IF,we had listened to the society, (about bad associations )

IF we hadnot bought the computer.

IF. We hadnot bought the caravan

IF. we hadnot made friends with this dear family.

THIS MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN A PART OF HISTORY, SADLY MISSED BY HIS GRIEVING FAMILY BUT NOW HE HAS A NEW LEASE OF LIFE TO LOOK FORWARD TO .

GUESS WHAT.i never considerd myself to be a J.W. AT THE TIME WE BECAME FRIENDS.

I SHALL & ALLWAYS WILL BE KNOWN TO ALL MEN AS ????????????????????

( THE GOOD SAMARITAN ) ME AND MY WIFE .

• rebel
    rebel

Nightwarrior,

That's an amazing story. I think computers are brilliant and the internet is a fantastic tool. I have found out so much information about so many things from the net. You can seriously find out about just anything - it's all here. My mother has a medical condition and I buy her medicine online from a herbal remedy place - it's the only stuff that works for her and it makes her feel so much better.

I hope your friend makes a speedy recovery.

xxR

• Mum
    Mum

nightwarrior, that's a wonderful story. I do believe that if we just live our lives according to our own inner voice, things do get better.

As Forrest Gump said, "Some people don't believe that miracles happen every day, but they do." Thanks for the reminder of that happy fact.

Send your friend best wishes for a speedy recovery and a long and happy life.

Regards,

SandraC

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

wow, wonderful story,nightwarrior!

I believe the information highway is changing how we all live and help everyone become available to information we would not have had just several years ago!

Thanks for sharing a lovely story. I like how you made friends no matter where you were (not just at the KH)

j2bf

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

nightwarrior- what a wonderful story. I am so glad that you didn't follow their advice. Your friends are blessed to have you in their lives and I'm sure you feel the same way about them!!

Thanks for sharing this!!

XW

• Debz
    Debz

WOW, Heartwarming....Hope all goes well for your friend!

• Navigator
    Navigator

Night Warrior

Good story. I don't quite understand the plan however. As far as I know, we only have one liver. I don't understand your reference to the "other liver". Is he going to get a transplant?

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

the liver is the only organ in the body that can actually regenerate itself.... a very logical procedure when explained... but we sincerely hope that this operation works for our dear friend...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Incredible story! My dearest friend died of liver cancer 6 years ago, if only......

I'm happy for your new friend and his family! Good for you to have the right information at the right time, let us know how he progresses ok.

Katie

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Our Liver has two lobes.(Parts or sections) If one is infected with cancer ..the cancerous part can be removed and the patient can survive on the other half of the liver. Unfortunately..my hubby has cancer in BOTH lobes. Plus it is spilling over into the ducts. Also..Liver cancer by itself is VERY rare. It almost always comes from somewhere else first.(Hubby's came from the lung ) I hope your friend was checked out VERY carefully. As it could have originated and be hiding somewhere else.

And you are right! The liver can regenerate itself..if there is anything left to regenerate!Unfortunately.. in hubby's case there is next to nothing left of the liver. and most chemo goes through the liver..which means they were very limited to what they could give him wthout destroying any good liver cells that were left.Thus shortning his life even more!We had an option to use a new experimental chemo..but it went through the liver and they said it could kill him right away. He decided not to do that.The chemo did work on the lung however!

The really sad part in our case is that I just got copies of all his medical records..On one of the Drs. reports..with his regular visits..I noticed the Dr wrote down..patient complains of "Dry Cough". This was wrote on 4 separate visits..Now why the Dr ignored the smptoms..is beyond me!.

Also..when hubby went to get his teeth cleaned the dentist urged him to go see the Dr about a "White spot" on his throat. Which he did! The Dr even wrote it on his chart..but I remember asking hubby about it when he came out. I asked him what the Dr said about his White spot". He said the Dr didn't even look at his throat..(But he did write it on hubbys chart)

I blew up!I went to the Nurses desk and asked why..when a patient comes in to get a spot on their throat checked ..the Dr doesn't even look at their throat?

They just shrugged their shoulders and starred at me. I guess hubby was embarrased and just said."Lets go".

What's funny is the Dr kept pushing hubby to have a colon scope done. (Where they examine your lower intestines...). And he always yelled at hubby for not having that done...Well we found out later that part was fine..The Dr should have been looking into a chest X ray for hubby....might have saved HUBBY's life!(The cancer started in his lung..Non-smoker)

Snoozy...aka...Golden Girl

Edited by - Golden Girl on 22 December 2002 5:11:10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit