Jehovah’s Witnesses face child sexual-abuse investigation in Australia - Washington Post article

by defender of truth 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I like they brought attention to the term/label "worldly"

The church’s deep suspicion of outsiders, who are referred to, derogatorily, as “worldly,” is the reason sex abuse among Jehovah’s Witnesses is rarely reported to authorities,

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The church, which was founded in Pennsylvania during the 1870s to promote a 1st-century interpretation of the Bible, has emerged as the least able or willing to deal with sexual abuse within its ranks, said Anne Cossins,

Splash

Splash
    She will be quoted in an Awake next year.

"According to Anne Cossins, a law professor, expert and consultant, '[Jehovah's Witnesses] have emerged as [...] able, [...] willing to deal with sexual abuse within it's ranks'."

Or.....According to Anne Cossins, a law professor, expert and consultant, '[Jehovah's Witnesses] have emerged as the religion having the least sexual abuse within it's ranks.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Okay, thanks Memphis, lol. I'm quite the fool, I guess..

In my defence, it was 1am in UK, and I was simultaneously sending a massive email explaining the dangers and worldwide child abuse policies of JW's to the Independent Inquiry for Child abuse in England and Wales. Sent them every news link in UK relating to it, and the confidential items released by the ARC. Tried to tell them its the same worldwide. See what reply I get..

Here's the contact details for Warwick city councils.

Please let us know if you contact any of them, I've had enough for now and wouldn't know what to do:

www.warwickri.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=797&Itemid=39

• fukitol
    fukitol

The rotten fruitage of this sick, nasty little sect is being exposed for all to see. Mother organisations skirts are being lifted to reveal filthy undergarments. A whitewashed grave.

This is the death knell in the western world for JW growth, particularly when the Commissions report comes out in 2017.

• possum
    possum
    fukitol
    Thanks great!
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth
    The church.. has emerged as the least able or willing to deal with sexual abuse within its ranks, said Anne Cossins, an associate law professor at the University of New South Wales and an expert in sex crimes who is a consultant for the inquiry.

Least able or willing..

I wonder if the same could apply in the UK?

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/397800005/could-independent-inquiry-england-wales-expose-jw-orgs-child-abuse-failures-how-can-we-help?page=4#/441030005

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Splash!!

They will indeed spin this in an upcoming magazine for more self praise amongst witnesses....

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

All the big wigs will care if they start losing case after case. They won't like that one little bit. I was just looking at some cases I knew nothing about, but they are being resurrected in the light of a little glimmer of light that came out of Australia recently. I don't think this will die down.

The GB will have to face up eventually. Or they may feel compelled to sacrifice those thirty odd helpers to Baal.....

• defender of truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit