what colour was jesus

by nightwarrior 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

All I know is that I used to be transparent, then I got the courage to leave the borg and now I'm more translucent....

not much light in the cave

• IronGland
    IronGland

Farkel, why do you feel there is anything racist about this thread? I watched a show on Discovery Channel last night posing similar questions. I guess I shouldn't have watched it, seeing as how it's racist and all.

Edited by - Irongland on 23 December 2002 18:32:21

Edited by - Irongland on 23 December 2002 18:34:37

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

They were all SMURF blue. LOL

• sableindian
    sableindian

Hi, Nightwarrior,

I don't know, maybe the question should be what colour were Jews. I think the beauty is in the fact that people can see themselves in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures. In ancient times, people of color and today made their Gods and Goddesses colored. Egyptians, Phoenicians, Assyrians, Babylonians, even Greeks.

We know scripturally speaking that a Jewish girl told a bunch of women who thought she was pretty foxy because she was black and they were all shut up in a harem. I get black from the sun and I understand when people admire my skin instead of my love for God, how she felt.

We have Horodotus' eyewitness account of the Egyptians. "Black skin and wooly hair" We see dark Africans who have a reddish tinge in their skin, ergo, ruddy. We have dark skinned men who are very hairy and smooth skinned. (Jacob and Esau) in the same family, with the same parents.

With the DNA showing Africans as Jews (something Africans already knew, definitely Muslims and Arabs knew all along) we have more information.

With all this, our views are not narrow anymore. Jesus had Canaanites, Jews, Egyptians, etc in his bloodline. And also he was a Judean. Jordan and Egypt both still have people who did not mix heavily with the Greek, Arab, French and English population. They isolated themselves. The ones who did are dark. The Coptics are darker than the Muslims in some cases. (There are many dark Muslims)

When it comes to Jews, there is a rainbow. There are Jews in China, Africa, Europe, America, etc.

The early Christians have an African history also. When it speaks of Cyrene, Alexandria, Egypt, Carthage, that's Africa. So here we have folks like Augustine, Arian, etc. who were Africans. Oh, yeah, and that land that is misnamed by a Greek called...Ethiopia (Abyssinia).

I think it's great to go around the world and see Jesus, Mary, the apostles, saints depicted as what ever. It's mostly Americans that are stuck on race. Isn't it awesome to see the Polish with a Black Mary? Go into just about any Black church you'll still see a White Mary.

Here is a picture of the Jews from a relief wall in Assyria of the seige of Lachish. This picture was in one of the WT publications but was so scaled down that you could not see it. It is also in a booklet. Can't remember the name. Another scaled down photo. But here is the close up.

I think we humans are just awesome. (I think some angels thought so too.)

And just a tidbit for Black History month. Jews were sold into slavery along with Muslims and Christians from Africa by Muslims who wanted a certain area to be totally Muslim. And so, here we are over here and over there worshipping One God with love and peace. Just call us survivors.

Shalom alachem,

Qelilah Solomon

Edited by - sableindian on 31 January 2003 11:12:2

• blondie
    blondie

One little girl said, "Human color."

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

If you believe the Shroud of Turin was the burial cloth of Jesus (which I don't), then he could look like this colorized print which was taken off of the Shroud:

• sableindian
    sableindian

Big Tex,

Yet the picture is still beautiful and adaptable to someone's vision of Jesus. Look at the eyes. THAT is what makes the difference. Those are not the eyes on the shroud, BUT the artist's feeling about Jesus. The skin can be any color. There are people with those features and hair texture that runs the gamut in color. So, the artist felt Jesus like this and who can jump down his throught for HIS perception. It's all good.

• meadow77
    meadow77

I believed Jesus looked like this:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit