what colour was jesus

by nightwarrior 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Why all the racismn within the world

,personaly i cant understand it,i know people can be racist against CULTURE,but colour ,come of it

,jesus was brown ,mosess was black he had to be living in egypt ,have angels got a colour if not why not ,dont be afraid to answer as i wont hold it against you if you dont ,me i have great friends from all nationalitys .have you transended from the obligitory type cast person that you were born has your life been enriched by meeting someone of another culture, i know we have been richly rewarded. whos views have you yourown or your parents or gods.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

on the law of averages, Jesus and Moses both being Israelites would have been olive skinned much like the jews that are still around today. Egyptions werent black they were brown, Ethiopians who they sometimes battled against, were black. Egyptions had both blacks and whites as slaves.

but your version of history maybe different from mine

• Marcos
    Marcos

Probably going to get my first flame(s) over this one.

mosess was black he had to be living in egypt

Everything I have ever read indicates that the Egyptians were simitic. A brown-skinned "race". They also dipicted themselves as brown-skinned in their art and you could readily see that they dipicted black people as black. What the Egyptians or Jews are now is not necessarily what they were 2000 years ago. So to say that Moses must have been black because he living in Egypt does not follow.

There seems to be a lot of revisionist history taught as fact in schools now regarding how people "wish" things had been in the past. But most history is "revisionist". Someone once said that history is always written by the victors (This is a paraphrase, not a quote. Please feel free to correct it.) But historical drawings by the culture itsself seem to be pretty conclusive. (That is, to me! I'm not a historian or Bible scholar or any note. What matters to me is not being right but, what is the truth. Enlighten me scholars.)

I, personally don't believe in the concept or race. We are certainly not told in the Bible that, "Black and white He created them." In We are simply told that,

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." -Genesis 1:27 RSV

So, what color was Jesus? Brown, I guess. But I, like everyone else, will have to wait and see.

Respectfully,

Marcos

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Probably the same / similar to those He was with - someone close was required to point Him out to those religious authorities - it's hard to imagine that He would have looked very different

• justhuman
    justhuman

Since Israel is near my Counrty so this is a very simple answer. He would have been dark skin(because of the Sunny weather) and have the characteristics of the Semetic tribe

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess we have a rhetorical question from nightwarrior and he makes a point against racism.

Anyone with half a mind can see the wisdom of accepting all people ,whatever colour we may be . I have sadly observed that some are easily persuaded otherwise when something happens locally or personally to them. eg, the media is full of stories about illegal immigrants scrounging, or the government wants to start a war against someone,or they come across an unpleasant individual.

I believe we have to rise above all that and keep our human values to our fellow man "Peace on Earth, good will to all men" and so on......

• avishai
    avishai

Not that it matters ( it does'nt) But what with all the ethnic migration we've had, we'll never know. It says in the bible that king david was "ruddy" possibly even redheaded. An ancestor of JC. What does that mean? Exactly nothing. I have Jewish "genes" & even more celtic & scandinavian "genes" But, I have that steretypical Jewish look, dark skin, hook nose, etc. My dad looked a lot like Mandy patinkin, another Russian Jew. I've also known people of "jewish" descent w/ straight blond hair & tiny noses. Yaphet Koto, the actor from the old homicide series is jewish, & very black. But, it does'nt matter. Maybe he was purple. There were people on the american continents that bear little to no resemlance to todays native americans, & I would imagine todays racial characteristics are a comparitively recent thing. If we were to go back in time, we wouldnt recognize anyones "race". Here is a for instance. For many years, everyone thought that australias natves were most closely related to africans, based on appearances. Turns out, genetically, they are much more closely related to "asian" stock. But, again, this is often brought up for silly reasons, it does'nt matter in the least.

• Farkel
    Farkel

You said:

: jesus was brown

I say, Jesus was human.

So who's the racist, here? The one that mentions something as trivial as "skin color" like a braindead twit such as you or the one that mentions "human" like a sensible guy such as me?

I really do suffer terribly with fucking braindead-racist-morons. I'm sorry. It's just my way.

Farkel

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

HI FARKEL

You misinterpreted the question,

it isnot about colour , the QUESTION, is showing others that some may be racist or have racist attitudes against ,say you or me, or any other nationality DUE TO THERE COLOUR.

But that jesus was ? therfore this will help them along the road of change which many in this world need to do

by the way (FARKEL) calling me racist has really hurt me ,youve burnt me to the core, your the type of person ime trying to reach ,but you have jumped in both guns blazing,i used to be like you ,one other thing

My farther was from AFRICA/My mother from ENGLAND My grandmother from Russia from and of course we have a mixture of Jewish & Arab in the family as well as muslim ,what a mixture

i have allways fought aginst racism from early youth ,now learn not to judge others

PEACE BE UPON YOU ..............NIGHT............ OR ...........KNIGHT

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i'm suffering from braindead responses to "braindead-racist-morons".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit