The Two Towers

by Xander 59 Replies latest social entertainment

• Xander
    Xander

Just saw this.

Great movie. Not as good as book, but about matches it roughly as good as Fellowship matched the book.

Gollum is class act - for those worried the little CGI creature wouldn't work, don't be! He looks GREAT - and the voice acting is DEAD ONE.

Won't say too much, as spoilers might ruin it for some, but you really, REALLY should see the extended edition DVD of the Fellowship before seeing this movie. Adds a lot of detail you may have otherwise not caught on to.

The casting of Eowyn and Wormtongue couldn't have been better, either. Overall, a very impressive movie.

Highly recommended.

• heathen
    heathen

I plan on seeing it. The advertisement looked awesome .I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing the dvd version . I have read the books however, of course quite awhile back so some of the inconsistancies are unnoticeable to me.

• stichione
    stichione

I saw it last night too.
    The battle scenes with the Uruk-Hai and the Ents are truly spectacular.
    And Gollum as a CGI was very well done, comical too.

A must see!!

• think41self
    think41self

I give it two thumbs up!!!

Of course, a movie is never as good as the book....but I thought they did a damn fine job of bringing it to life. I saw it with my boys, and my cynical 16 year old ( is there any other kind? ) said it was one of the two best movies he'd ever seen.

I wish Tolkien could have seen his stories brought to life....or maybe it was better he didn't. Who knows?

And I just have to add....that Legolas.....mmmmmmm, come to momma!!

Tracy

Edited by - think41self on 19 December 2002 23:45:8

• Lefty
  • Lefty
    Lefty

The first "tower":

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Haha, Lefty that is funny. You know what both of those towers and stories have in common? They are both myths.

• breeze
    breeze

The whole Lord of Rings epic....seems slow and not completely explained as it goes along....

It just moves too slow for me....the battle scenes in this one were better and more interesting....the odd character that showed them the way was very interesting, but was difficult to hear what he was saying most of the time....

This episode was better than others...I would give it three stars out of five.....

I love all movies and gooooo tooooo much.....

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Take a look at the font the "The Two Towers"-poster (see above) uses. Any dejavue? ;-)

• Xander
    Xander

GAH!

I never noticed that!!

AHHHHHHH, YOU'VE RUINED IT FOR ME!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit