The Two Towers

by Xander 59 Replies latest social entertainment

• think41self
    think41self

I think any of you who did not like the movie are going the right way for a smack bottom, and I don't care who knows it!

Ok, so I stole that line from another great movie, Austin Powers in Goldmember.

Stephanus, you big baby....I've read the books a bunch of times too, but I never expected the movie to be able to follow it religiously, that never happens. You just gotta lower your expectations a bit mate.

It was like being a little kid again seeing some of those fantastic scenes brought to life, my imagination was stirred....ok my libido was stirred also.....mmmmmm Legolas. The rest of you women can just BACK OFF and go find your own Elf! (yes this means you especially Dana) Brat. hehehehehe

Tracy

Edited by - think41self on 3 January 2003 8:25:6

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

This is one issue that's got me so riled up that perhaps you'd just better watch your own arse for once, Think! I didn't say it had to follow the book religiously at all points now, did I? I gave plenty of contextual examples to show what I was trying to say. Since I was happy to accept FOTR and the first half of TT as reasonably faithfully adhering to the book, despite the odd pack of lies, my complaint is obviously about the fact that they decided they could do better without the book in the second half of TT. Pay attention, now children! Anyone else not happy with my opinion on this?? Out the back - now! We'll sort this out properly!

Stephanus, of the I do take some things seriously class

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

LOLOL @ Tracy

I LOVE that movie. In fact, I'm totally bummed that I didn't get it for Christmas But not to worry! I did get The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I've quite enjoyed that.

Dana

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    I'm surprised you don't understand the significance of the ents rescuing the Rohirrim, Hmmm. Tolkien was a technophobe, Luddite and hater of progress. So he creates a scene where the horselords, reliant on nature and the old way of doing things are beset by an evil army, created by modern biotechnology (half orcs/half men) and equipped by smoke-spewing industry (superior armour, crossbows, explosives, etc.), are rescued by nature personified: the ents.

I connected Tolkien's obvious 'environmentalist' bent with the Ent's attack on machine-laden Isengard, moreso than on the orcs... though I see what you're saying. I wasn't aware that he was considered a Luddite, but I honestly don't know much about him.

Still, I see why Jackson made the change--it made the Ents less of a deus ex machina.

Hmmm

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dana -- come to my house -- we can watch Lena's DVD (Special edition!) of FOTR .

Only prob? Lena is FIERCE competition for you and Think vis-a-vis Legolas! (She's more his AGE for one! However, if you're nice, you can stay in her room while you visit and make eyes at her LOTR posters!

out (who is going back to see The Two Towers for sure and agrees with the general consensus that the movie is NEVER as good as the book)

• heathen
    heathen

I just got back from seeing it myself . I thought I got my monies worth out of it .I did read the books and loved them but this was several years ago so the changes made in the script are not noticeable to me .The effects were very good and I thought the story was pretty good .It would think it a very difficult task to make something like that true to the book if you consider they are trying to market the general audience of those who hadn't read the books . I give it thumbs up and can't wait for the next installment.

• teejay
    teejay
    Still, I see why Jackson made the change--it made the Ents less of a deus ex machina. -- Hmmm

Yeah... yeah... I'm feelin' ya, bruh. I'm feelin' ya. No, really, I am. It was a pivotal moment in the movie, sho nuff and no doubt about it.

Wutt I wanna know is....

How's your love life, Homey?

I holla.

laughin' out loud.....

• Simon
    Simon

Well, we just got back from the pic's and it was a great movie. I woudl recommend it.

The CGI Gollum was excellent and the battle scenes awesome.

Is Amazon taking pre-orders for DVDs yet?

• Angharad
    Angharad

I thought it was fantastic, cant wait for part 3

And I have to agree with Shera HMMMM SWOON

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I love the books, I have read them no less than 15 times through. Although the movie is ommiting things (due to time constraints, I'm sure) they so far have been excellent. The CGI Gollum was hysterical. I cannot wait for the 3rd instalment to come out.

Anyone heard of people dressing up like wizards, dwarves, hobbits, or elves to go to the movies like those nutters do for Star Wars?

No offense intended to any in-house nutters with my above comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit