Where do I go for support???

by scaredyetresolved 44 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hello and Welcome ScaredYetResolved!

I am so very happy that you and your family are FREE!

I could not agree more with this statement:

Believe in the loving God of the Bible and the mercy of Jesus Christ and realize that they will not judge you harshly, as the Witnesses do.

I also must say that I am extremely impressed by Farkel's post above, and by everyone else's amazing posts in this Thread.

I thought I would recommend a few Websites that you might want to visit, ScaredYetResolved:

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

http://www.silentlambs.org

http://www.ajwrb.org

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org

I agree with you about not wanting to join any Organized Religion Group.

I recommend reading the Scriptures (in a non-New World Translation Bible) and Praying to God everyday, it really helps me.

If you want to Download a FREE Bible Software Program, visit http://www.e-sword.net

I think the most important thing is to have genuine love for your God, your neighbor, and your enemy.

The Watchtower ignores those things and says that the most important thing is to EARN YOUR SALVATION by "putting in more hours!"

I pray that you and your family have Peace, Grace, and Love!

• dannywalsh
    dannywalsh

hi folks danny walsh from liverpool uk here i read your posting on the freeminds net soup and felt touched by what you said , i was defoed 4 years ago and know what your going thru , though the circumstances are admittedly different , most of those who leave a cult or closed order are inclined to go haywire and do what they want and often times there situation becomes worse than it was at the first , they are institutionalized and they either love the freedom or dont know what to do with it . its good that you came out as a married couple because you can be a source of encouragement to each other , i would just suggest that u chill out for a bit and enjoy your family life together , it must be hard for u having kids because you do not want to confuse them, but believe me they secretly are probably made up that you have taken this step , the only thing i would say is dont waste you time trying to disprove every doctrine of the wt society because it will only serve to confuse u and wreck your head , the more u try to disprove things the more your a victim dont take a stick to it, its dead , it wont wake up unless you keep prodding .aword of caution there are many websites on the net for ex jws that are just plain bad and would serve to send u back to the borg rather than freeing you from it a good website that has helped me has been the www.jwinfoline.com were you can hear audio testimonies of former jws from branch and circuit overseers to elders and pioneers and gilead missionaries and publishers and bethel workers i pray gods blessing on you and yor family and just say your free now enjoy it john 8 v32 ,14 v6 matt 11 v28-30

• Far North
    Far North

Scaredbutresolved, I hope you don't mind that I jumped into the middle of your forum. What you were talking about struck a cord. I thank everyone for their support and suggestions.

At this point I am going to take it slow and be carefull how I approach things. My issues are not with people. Most of the people in the organization are trying to be Christians, they are just overwhelmed by rules and a devotion to an organization that does not tolerate questions or personal expression.

I am slowly letting my wife in on my doubts. She has thought I was only upset with organizational proceedures and people. The other day she asked me if I had a problem with any of the doctrine and I told her, yes. Slowly and calmly I mentioned the 144,000 which number I believe is figurative like everything around it in Revelation 7 & 14. Then I mentioned the Blood issue which hardly makes sense anymore and suggested that it is a dietary law. Our bodies do not eat or digest transfused blood and it is not the same as being fed intraveniously. I also briefly mentioned all the failed prophesy which impacted both our lives, making the last 25 years an economic struggle because of us not getting any training or additional schooling.

What brought this on is that I have been seeing a therapist for the last several months. The major issues have been depression and anxiety along with a feeling of worthlessness. I have been taking antidepressants for a few years but was not making progress with these issues. I also had no concern if I lived or died. I am not suicidal or a cowering idiot. I function and have a good marriage and hold a job in management. I just had no joy but instead a feeling of worthlessness.

Part of the therapy is working thru these issues so one can at least minimize their impact on one's life. After several sessions I have made progress but I sensed the Therapist was a litttle dissapointed with my slow improvement especially with the issue of feeling I am a failure. Whenever the therapy got overwhelming I was told to go to my 'safe place' in my mind, a place from the past where I felt loved and safe and happy. Interestingly my 'safe place' is in my grandparents living room as a child surrounded by family and cousins and the Christmas tree in the corner. I mentioned to my wife that this was before we became Witnesses and our relationship with our family became strained. Interestingly I couldn't think of a safe place since then. I think it's a combination of the facts that ever since I have been in the truth my thoughts have been ruled by feelings of impending doom and that I never have been good enough.

Finally towards the end of the session as she was trying to draw me out I just said that I feel these issues go back from being raised in a high-control religion that always made me feel inadequate. I couldn't believe I said that. She said she sensed there was something I was not talking about. I apologized over and over again telling her that I have spent my whole life trying to present the Organization in a good light to others and I feel like a traitor speaking negativly about it to a non-member.

She assured me she is not there to judge me or the Witnesses, just to help me work thru it. I later mentioned to my wife how different this is compared to if I approached the Elders with these same issues. They would try to help and if I didn't respond like they wanted, we know what the end result would be.

I will keep you posted. Thank you for your concern and please pray for me. Right now I can't do it myself.

F

• garybuss
    garybuss

I lived as a believing walkaway for years before I read Crisis Of Conscience in 1992. From then it was downhill. I did not wait for the elders and the Witnesses I know to come to me, I went to them with things I had discovered like the verses I had read in my Bible about the example Jesus set by associating with the prostitutes and tax collectors and the example Paul set by traveling and doing his lecturing in Synagogs and the accepted practice of observing Jewish festivals.

I asked them to answer the issues Ray Franz raised in his books about the behavior of the Watch Tower Corporation in Mexico and I questioned them about the appointment doctrine and similar questions I had. I was not going to reject them until they had an honest chance to explain and defend their practices and instructions.

No Witness could or even would answer even one of my questions and I was soon marked by them for shunning and snubbing. That was when I decided to draw my line and make my stand. I want to live my life open and honest without fear that some religious high control group can take something or someone away from me. I started to run an ad in the paper and recorded messages on a dedicated phone line.

Soon the daily paper interviewed me and other shunned Witnesses and ran a big front page article. My wife and two of my 4 sons came with me and all my other JW relatives and 2 of my sons stayed with the Publishing Corporation.

The children need the re-education aka exit counseling the most. If they are not well counseled, they may enter the group later in life. My oldest son entered when he was about 20 and in college and living away from home. More than a few children raised as Witnesses who were removed or left group association at a young age returned to the Corporation when they had their first child or had a life crisis.

I have many resources available and am open to being contacted.

Steven Hassan is doing a seminar in Los Angeles in March. I suggest trying to attend that if at all possible.

Best wishes, gary bussleman

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• rebel
    rebel

Scaredyetresolved,

It is fantastic that both you and your partner are seeing the light together. My husband is well and truly in this organisation and will not listen to anything I say. It's good you have the chance to get your children out while they are still young. I wish I could say the same - my life's a bit of a mess at the moment. Just stick with what you know is true in your heart.

I wish you all the best

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit