Why won't they simply change policy on sex offenders? Will they?

by punkofnice 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Outlaw and Vid
    Historically, whenever leaders have advocated leniency for (or supressed the exposure of) certain crimes, it's almost always discovered later that they were guilty of those very crimes.

I have often thought this and been shot down for the very suggestion by xJWs in the past. I still think it though!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

It is the simplest explanation that seems to best fit the facts.

I think. however, that even some XJWs are reluctant to consider the possibility because of just how f**king horrible the implications are.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I certainly wouldn't trust any of their holinesses the watchtower popes near my grandkids.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I can hardly wait until this blows up here in the States as it has in Australia, forcing the WTBTS into public apologies, reparations and clear policy changes when dealing with sexual or physical abuse.

I bet you that if their tax-free status gets threatened, they will comply with that and more.

SL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't know if it'll happen in the US any time soon, but I can see it happening in the UK and Canada.

What's more important at the moment is that the footage of the Australian Commission - and any questions they ask of the JW leadership - is freely available to be viewed in the US.

• flipper
    flipper
    Too much pride and arrogance. They refuse to admit to mistakes. WT leaders never admit to mistakes - they cannot risk showing they are wrong in front of the rank and file JW's - otherwise it exposes them for what they really are- normal humans who bleed red if they are cut. Nothing special at all. The emperor would have no clothes and everybody leaves the religion. Of course that will never happen. People are stupid and want somebody to tell them what to do - even if the ones telling them what to do don't know their own ass from a hole in the ground
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "I certainly wouldn't trust any of their holinesses the watchtower popes near my grandkids."

It's funny; I just remembered something...

...a few years back, another JWD poster here had mentioned that a loyalist elder he'd known had recently said, "even if the entire GB turned out to be pedophiles, I'd still follow them!" (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

At this point, I can't help but wonder if (due to certain things he'd seen and heard as an elder) some deep, private, subconscious fears were verbally manifesting themselves.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

It has been against the law for decades in this country to "not" report a crime. Abuse is a crime. The WTBTS has called it "loose" conduct, sinning and what ever else they can drum up.

The RC is retro-active in nature as well. It is not simply going to look at what the WT does in the future, but what it did, with full knowledge in it's attempt to hide "crimes against children" in the past.

This means there will be court cases founded upon the things that were discovered at the commission. It was stated very early on by Justice McClellan that this was about "redress for past victims". Did anyone else here this? Because I did, and then I read it....It hardly matters anymore whether WT changes policy or not because the matter will be taken out of their hands. If a child is home schooled perhaps, suddenly......there is no way this will not alert some authority figure. Things will change, money will start floating out of their doors or banks or whatever.

The society will love this....they will call it the start of the Great Tribulation and go door to door preaching the same old crap, but this time, there may some problems on the horizon. I've got faith that this will not dry up into nothing.

I don't care what the WT does now. Jackson was a gutless lying witness who didn't even have the courage to admit what is in their own publications......."That they say they are god's mouthpiece on earth, or the FDS or some other bloated statement"

I have read and re read his testimony, I have close up knowledge that he was not believed, and to go a step further, NO one at the commission believed the lying elders on the stand. That included the sudden bouts of memory loss......So go ahead WTBTS and carry on as usual, you will soon be selling off more properties, you have completely proven to this person that you are liars once and for all.........

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

It will not change, as much as we would like to see it done.

Unless it becomes law for all other religious orgs, forget about it.

SL

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Every single comment you people have stated I agree with. Right now I am so exhausted and worn down I hardly know what to do. So much to do in the near future and a lot of pressure has been put upon me and I would say, many many others who are about to give evidence. I have been told this by good honest sources.

The really ugly bit is just about to begin. What you saw publicly was a good warm up folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit