Best of 2002/and what your glad to see go

by meadow77 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have to know: What doesn't look good on you, Princess?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

For those who don't like low-rise jeans: get thee to The Gap. They have jeans that come up to one inch below the natural waistline and they're pretty comfortable while still fitting snugly enough to remind members of the opposite sex why you wear jeans. I have one pair of those and one pair of the low rise, which I bought in a fit of weakness at Express. After two children by natural childbirth there's enough of a pooch in the tummy to make me regret it. I did, however, have a LOVELY lady tell me that she envies my flat stomach. Of course, she was about 80 years old and is in the same nursing home as my mother (i.e., she has Alzheimer's) so take it for what it's worth. At this age, I'll just take it . . . .

Nina (of the I-Need-More-Situps Class)

• detective
    detective

Thanks for the tip, Nina.

And to Princess, my apologies, I misunderstood you.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Clearly, these jeans are not for all body types. Where the low riders if you must ladies, but watch out for the tingle. Got Hiphuggers? Beware Of Tingly Thighs Doctor: Wearing Loose Clothing Alleviates Symptom

POSTED: 4:45 p.m. EST January 8, 2003

Hiphuggers might be "in" in women's fashion, but they might leave you with tingly thighs.

Ontario Dr. Malvinder Parmar treated three "mildly obese" women between the ages of 22 and 35 who complained of tingly thighs, he said in a letter in the January issue of the Canadian Medical Association Journal.

The women had all worn tight low-rise trousers -- also called hiphuggers -- the previous six to eight months. Parmar said the jeans were pinching a nerve, and all three women recovered after four to six weeks of avoiding hiphuggers and wearing loose-fitting clothing.

The tingling feeling, known as meralgia paresthetica, has been associated with wearing various garments and accessories, such as wallets and tight jeans, that compress a nerve.

Parmar warned physicians that now that hiphuggers are back in fashion, they should expect to see more of this type of condition. He said that simple observation of patients' dressing habits might provide a clue to the diagnosis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit