2.8% INCREASE IN JAN 1 WATCHTOWER

by jimbob 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What's the growth rate of the population as a whole, it's somewhere around 2% isn't it? So in terms of REAL growth, they're somewhere around 1/2%. Yeppers Jehovah is showing his blessing (lets not tell them about the 16% increase in Catholics worldwide in the last decade).

• joelbear
    joelbear

The growth rate as far back as I can remember has always been 2 to 3%. This appears to be about what they are able to accomplish with births, entries into new territories (which is limited) and holding back people from DAing or DFing.

Pretty unremarkable considering the impact that their message should have on people. But hey, Noah and Lot didn't convert anybody, so they are ahead of the game when it comes to pre-apocalyptic conversion rates.

What they cannot measure is the "faithfulness" factor. That is, the willingness of the average Jehovah's Witness to actually live and behave the way a "true christian" is supposed to live. As years went by, I met fewer and fewer witnesses that were really "into" living a witness life. Its one of the main reasons I gave up and left.

What calls themselves a Jehovah's Witness in 2002 is far different than what called themselves a Jehovah's Witness in 1962.

This, of course, will never be able to be quantified, but I believe speaks higher of the "health" of the Watchtower Society than number of hours spent witnessing.

Joel

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Joel:

I have to agree with you. Some of the things I hear from my dub relatives about the activities of other dubs would have shocked me 20 years ago. Not that I'm uspset with their insincereity or wanting to lead a double life. Anything that contributes to the trivialization of the WTS suits me fine.

• onthego
    onthego

They counted the highest peak month which was when September 11 occurred. No real growth but decline worldwide. In September 2002 the New York terrorism caused some inactives to go to the halls to calm their active JW mates and friends.

• Black Man
    Black Man

15 Minute publisher report + 9/11 Scare + Spanish Publisher Report/Count = WTS INCREASE..................

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The annual world population increase is about 1.4%. The JWs have managed barely twice that, a mere 150,000 or so new converts for a billion hours of preaching (anyone got the exact figures?) It takes about 10,000 hours to make one convert - about 10 years preaching for a regular pioneer, 100 years for a publisher.

Of course, an increase of 2.8% is fairly small but would still lead to a doubling in numbers after merely 25 years. (1.028^25 =~2)
    It's this slow but exponential increase that makes JWs think the "small one" is becoming "a mighty nation."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah but most of those converts are Jdub children. How many are actually brought from cold door to door calls?

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit