2.8% INCREASE IN JAN 1 WATCHTOWER

by jimbob 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbob
    jimbob

Perhaps this information has already been posted, so if it has I apologize. But according to the Jan 1st Watchtower which was given to me, there was a 2.8% increase in publishers in the world over last year, with over 1.2 billion hours spent in service...(like those numbers aren't inflated...) While the numbers overall aren't impressive, what I found very interesting is the number of partakers at the Memorial last year.....8760.

When I looked back at the 92 Watchtower, the number of partakers was only 8850...a mere 90 people more. So in the span of an entire decade...only 90 people have died????? And if you go back 20 years to 1982, the number of partakers was 9601, a mere 841 more than now. I would assume that since most of these people were supposedly alive at the time the number was supposedly sealed, they should all be dead by now. I thought the generation that saw 1914 wouldn't pass away until..........oh wait, what was I thinking.....NEW LIGHT! That doesn't apply anymore...silly me!!! Well, at least the part about some of the annointed would live through Armaggedon is correct...because at this rate of fall off...it'll be somewhere around the year 2245 when there won't be anymore annointed and Armaggedon will surely come by then.....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"A sucker is born every minute" hehe

• heathen
    heathen

I think it is a joke they even take count of this .They even mentioned in their own publication that some of the people that partake are found out to be mentally disturbed or that they are simply newbies that don't understand their dogma on the ritual.In these days I think they are aware from surfing sites like this that some just do it for the sake of doing it.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

When was the last time anyone has met one of the "remnant" and not thought this person is a few bricks short of a full load or not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Will

• Gordy
    Gordy

memorial partakers

1994 8,617

1995 8,645 28 more than previuos year

1996 8,757 112 more than previous year and 140 more than 1994

1997 8,795 38 more than previous year and 15o more than 1995

1998 8,756 39 less than prevuous year but still 111 more than 1995

1999 8,755 1 less than previous year but 110 more than 1995 and 138 more than 1994

2002 8,760 What the hell is going on??

I thought all the "anointed" had been chosen by 1935.

What excuse from the WT. Must be a lot of unfaithful "anointed" to be relaced!!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Your problems are obvious. Too much thinking.

"Just believe on the Lord Tower and ye shall be saved."

Craig

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    When was the last time anyone has met one of the "remnant" and not thought this person is a few bricks short of a full load or not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Actually, I have only met one person of the remnant and he was a zealous elderly brother would was anointed before the 1935 sealing. He was a good example of what a Christian should be. He was also very gentle, unassuming and very sharp.

Richard

• ISP
    ISP

2.8% is pretty bad.......should mean % was way negative in western world...Can you post some more info!

Best

ISP

• JT
    JT

when you consider the new 15min rule and that MANY are not REALLY AN INCREASE AS in New folks , but more of RE-ACTIVATION of old publishers who fell off the wagon,

when you consider that some of that number represent jw who were actually counted 2,5,7, yrs ago they are no being recounted AGAIN due to being RE-ACTIVATED

SORTA LIKE counting your money in your wallet on tuesday you got $10 on wed you lose $3 and then thursday you get $4 and find your $3 you lost---now you got $14

one of the most interesting numbers that was stated to our body of elders were the pioneer numbers

if you notice the wt will report the number or percentage of increase, but they NEVER TELL YOU HOW MANY CAME OFF THE LIST-

James Greer our CO at the time has called to bethel that friday and that night we had our co/elder/ms meting and he told us that the new pioneers were like 12,000 new but the loss was like 9/10,000 coming off, many only after their first year and sure enough a few years later they dropped the hour requirement to prop up the numbers

and we see the same thing with the publishers i have been a jw for over 30yrs and it was always 1 hour to be counted as pub and by dropping it to 15min it has given them the ablity to count 4 quarters- thing of all the jw who got 45min and could not turn in time, 30 min and could not turn in time, 15min and could not turn in time

and then by dropping the time to 15 LIKE MAGIC over night they have increased thier bottom line

wt is truly a corp

many CEO know that to increase profits they can do it 2 was

1. increase sales -revenue or

2, cut cost, lay off folks and thier salaries become profit at the end of the year and thatis what what has done by PLAYING WITH THE NUMBERS

SO IT gives the avg jw the impression that the org is MOVING FORWARD AND DOING WELL, they could work for aurthur andersen and enron and do well

• minimus
    minimus

An increase is an increase, you apostates! You people rejoice for no one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit