elders are siffting out bro & sis making an...

by nightwarrior 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebel
    rebel

Hi Thomas,

It's not so good when you have to make a choice between your religion and your family. What sort of an organisation would make someone do that? To leave, I will be causing my family a lot of pain because they will be under tremendous pressure to shun me - I know this beforehand and can see it coming. It makes me very angry. And I am leaving because I have a conscience and can no longer go on living a lie.

I still haven't seen any evidence that elders are sifting through the congregation yet - maybe that is a nice surprise they have in store for the new year.

xxR

• bay64me
    bay64me

I just found out that a brother, inactive for a year was visited in or around june and "questioned".

Less than two weeks ago the elders pounced again. He has now been disfellowshipped.

Might add that this brother reads plenty on the net and by his own admission it was that, that made him see things differently.

• Jourles
    Jourles

My wife and I were just notified by our bk study conductor last night that he wants to come over to our house and have a little chat with us. He did not mention bringing another brother with him, but I guess it could happen. He specifically said "I" and not "We would like to come over..." This will be the first "shepherding call" that we have received in probably about 5 years. Hopefully I can ward him off with devious theocratic warfare.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jourles,

It's surprising (well not really!!) how often the individual elders use this deceptive tactic i.e. saying "I" when they mean "we". It's deceptive in trying to gain an invitation into the individual's home.

Good luck in your "interview". Let's know what transpires.

Cheers, Ozzie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Jourles,

If 2 elders turn up, just say to the one that originally made plans,

"Sorry, I specifically asked just you to visit, not anyone else."

And only allow the first elder into your home, but not the other one. Turn the tables on them. If they're going to be deceitful, stand your ground. They only have power over you if you give it to them.

• NoMoreJW
    NoMoreJW

Yep, an elder recently told me I would be getting a visit. I said "Well some of you would be welcome but some would definitely not - you`ll just have to find that out when you turn up". He smiled. I bet they`ll make a very careful choice hehe :)

• minimus
    minimus

And what will they do if you never are available? Unless they are REALLY after you, I think they'll probably just give up. I'm prepared to tell the elders that I am not going to talk to them about anything, simply because I don't have to. I'm not indebted to them. I don't HAVE to answer to them. Plain and simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit