elders are siffting out bro & sis making an...

by nightwarrior 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Elders in my area are sifting within the congregations,

London England

e.g whom they consider to be rebeliouse /bad association/not even going to the persons homes announcements made because they can.( READ PEOPLES HEARTS )i thought it was jehovah whom could only do this & jesus ,but maybee ime wrong

what o you think ,have they been given special powers to do this ?????????? perplexed .

• bay64me
    bay64me

Could you explain a little more on this please ? Was there a talk given? Was it a local needs? Who told you?

• rebel
    rebel

Nightwarrior,

I am in London and if that was true, I would have been first on the hit-list and I haven't heard anything. Where did you hear this?

xxR

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Sounds like a pile of poo to me

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

because it is happening to people we know, very suddenly... so beware... we have been told that alot is going on in the congregations at the moment....all from reliable sources......i assure you that this is not a load of poo.... it is happening, i am also at the receiving end of it.....so i am speaking also from experience...

nightwarrior

• lulu
    lulu

After giving the 'elders' all copies regarding WT?UN we were disassociated by them and this was announced in two congregations. They then proceeded to go around all our return visits and 'told them' they must not talk to us. Needless to say some of the replies they got I cannot and will not repeat.These folks kindly told us at once when they had been visited. None of them knew each other to the best of my knowledge. So yes I believe you, they appear to be going mad!!!

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

lulu

Can you please be more specific? I've raised a lot of issues about the UN thing with friends, even sending an extensive letter to someone on the GB (as expected I got no response). I believe the GB is trying to sweep this under the carpet! However, at the same time, they might be attacking anyone (indirectly) who questions them! How sad!

Edited by - cyberguy on 20 December 2002 13:12:13

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Lets look at the time element involved,its christmas season of good will ,yes,for those that have slipped away from the association of brothers,say 2 ,3 ,4, 5 ,or 6 years the local body of elders may call upon you without any appointment ,trying to catch you celebrating christmas as we are all aware ,

there are those that find out from friends or relatives that announcements have been made at the kingdom halls describing them as bad association ,because they are scaring the rest of the flock into total submission,

I RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM AN ELDER,VERY RECENTLY,I HADNOT BEEN ATTENDING THE CONG FOR OVER 4 YEARS,a friendly question was asked did i consider myself as a jehovahs witness

i replied i havenot been to the kingdom hall in the last four years, personaly i wpouldnot care if they all were set on fire ,

2 WEEKS LATER AT THE CONGREGATION I T WAS STATED I HAD DISASSOCIATED MYSELF , HENCE CHECK OUT OTHER INPUT YOU WILL FIND THE SAME THING HAPPENING IN OTHER AREAS

THANK YOU.

• lulu
    lulu

cyberguy. I don't know what else to say really. After twelve months research on the WT/UN we gave all copies of our documentation to our local elders. Two elders visited us and told us that they had sent the documents to the Society in Sydney and the reply that they had got satisfied them. We asked to see the letter but was refused. Next thing an announcement was made at our local KH to say that we had disassociated ourselves. This was untrue. Two weeks later the same announcement was made at another KH. In the same period of time two elders made calls in person to our return visits( at least the ones they knew about) now see above first post. That's it folks!!

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Though hurful at first, it is good for people to be removed from the WT group. It can become a path to their future freedom in Christ. Perhaps those being removed merely have a conscience, which is a way the Holy Spirit works upon those God intends to bring to Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit