My Job Interview Today

by Yizuman 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You need to wash the affected area,and apply some Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care.Rub it right in,till the lotion you have applyed disapears.Either can be purchased at a pharmacy.That should take care of the problem...OUTLAW

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Outlaw - You need to wash the affected area,and apply some Keri Lotion or Vaseline Intensive Care.Rub it right in,till the lotion you have applyed disapears.Either can be purchased at a pharmacy.That should take care of the problem..

I tried those, they do not make it disappear permanantly unfortunantly.

The best medication I have tried is called Diprolene (linked) and it has some steriod based medication on the cream. They're like $60-$80 dollars a tube. Very expensive and my medical insurance doesn't start until January 1st. I have to be employed with Wal-Mart for one year before I can start having medical/dental insurance. I've never seen a company with that kind of requirement for that long period of time. Most places have like 90 days of employment before starting on a health insurance.

So I liked to have that medication, but at the moment, I can't afford it.

Psorisis will always be with me for the rest of my life, the medication can make it go away for a period of time, but they will always come back. At least to me in my case. Some others get it for a short period of time and never comes back.

My mother had it on her elbows for a while and they never came back since.

Someone also mentioned about laying down under a UV Ray light at a Sun Bathing Spa or something like that. Some folks said that they never came back since that kind of treatment. I like to try that, but again, money issue comes up.

Maybe if I find a well paid office job, I could finally afford some kind of good treatment.

Oh, by the way, did you know that Jerry Mathers from Leave it to Beaver also has Psorisis? He's also sponsering a skin research organziation and have donated charity to the organization in hopes they can find a cure for this type of skin problem. Cool for him!

Here's the website..... http://www.stepintomyskin.org/jerry_mathers/jerry_intro.htm

• Imbue
    Imbue

Shhhh...Don't tell anyone I'm here. I'm supposed to be studying for a final.

Yizuman, Until you can get a script for the cream, over the counter hydrocortisone cream 1% may help a little. It's only a few dollars in the supermarket so it's worth a try.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Yizuman, Until you can get a script for the cream, over the counter hydrocortisone cream 1% may help a little. It's only a few dollars in the supermarket so it's worth a try.

Well, I'll see how it goes after I make my budget tomorrow when the direct deposit comes in from work. I may not have anything left after I send $130.00 to my landlord to try and get this month's rent caught up. I just bought gas and food today on my way home from the interview using a check and knowing it won't get cashed until Friday or so.

Edited by - Yizuman on 18 December 2002 15:21:45

• Xandria
    Xandria

Yizuman,

Yes, I do understand your problem with people staring at psorisis. As a child I had it on my arms on the bottom from wrist to elbow. It would flare up and itch badly. At first the doctor thought it was an allergic reaction. But after I treated it with Pine Tar Soap, sitting out in the sunlight helps, hydrocortisone also helps the inflamation and redness. You may laugh but slather some of that on and place a plastic cover over it. Helps the hydrocortisone absorb and soften the skin. It helps calm the scales of the skin. Stress also can start flare ups.

When I hit puberty the Psorisis went away. My sister, she got it all over.. in spot like a leopard. Poor thing she would go swimming and people would literally get out of the pool thinking she had something contiagious. She put on some smelly creams. Now they have more medicinal creams than before. They have faded some with her, but when she gets too stressed.. watch out.

UV lamps are good to a point. If you cannot afford treatments or tanning booths then just sitting out in mother nature's tanning salon with a reflector may help also. Hope that helps.

I wish you luck on your job quest.

Sincerely,

Xandria

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Yizuman.....Wishing you nothing but the Best of Luck! I am happy to hear of your interview! Keep up informed!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Xandria - Yes, I do understand your problem with people staring at psorisis. As a child I had it on my arms on the bottom from wrist to elbow. It would flare up and itch badly. At first the doctor thought it was an allergic reaction. But after I treated it with Pine Tar Soap, sitting out in the sunlight helps, hydrocortisone also helps the inflamation and redness. You may laugh but slather some of that on and place a plastic cover over it. Helps the hydrocortisone absorb and soften the skin. It helps calm the scales of the skin. Stress also can start flare ups.

Yes I have been stressed out as of late. Especially during my financial hardship that I am going through. Also I think that my depression may have a factor on it as well.

When I hit puberty the Psorisis went away. My sister, she got it all over.. in spot like a leopard. Poor thing she would go swimming and people would literally get out of the pool thinking she had something contiagious. She put on some smelly creams. Now they have more medicinal creams than before. They have faded some with her, but when she gets too stressed.. watch out.

I have faced a simular situation like that before, it's not even funny, I can attest to that.

UV lamps are good to a point. If you cannot afford treatments or tanning booths then just sitting out in mother nature's tanning salon with a reflector may help also. Hope that helps.

Perhaps your "sunshine" attitude could also help as well?

Thanks for the tips and I will look into them.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

scootergirl - Yizuman.....Wishing you nothing but the Best of Luck! I am happy to hear of your interview! Keep up informed

I most certainly will scootergirl.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I have a Doctor's Book of Home Remedies and looked up psoriasis.......here is what was said:

• Lubricate w/emollients. Emollient can be your favoring nonirritating body oil or something as mundane as vegetable shortening or petroleum jelly. Most effective when applied right after bathing when you are still "dripping wet"
    • Seek the Sun (hard to do this time of year)
    • A cold water bath, maybe with a cup of apple cider vinegar added is great for itching. Another thing is ice. Dump ice cubs into a small plastic bag and hold against afflicted skin
    • cortisone.
    • Seal off psoriasis. Cover lesions w/tape or plastic wrap for days or weeks can help clear up psoriasis, especially after cortison creme applied first.
    • Destress yourself. Overwhelming evidence that stress can trigger.
    • Add fish oil to your diet.

I by no means am a doctor, but thought maybe some home remedies might help.

LOL.......after I posted this I got to read your post, Yizuman....seems that you already knew all this stuff! But, you know, I didn't.....it was good for me to read up on it!

Edited by - scootergirl on 18 December 2002 16:18:20

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

scootergirl - have a Doctor's Book of Home Remedies and looked up psoriasis.......here is what was said:

• Lubricate w/emollients. Emollient can be your favoring nonirritating body oil or something as mundane as vegetable shortening or petroleum jelly. Most effective when applied right after bathing when you are still "dripping wet"
    • Seek the Sun (hard to do this time of year)

Well, at least let me borrow your sunshine attitude as well!

• A cold water bath, maybe with a cup of apple cider vinegar added is great for itching. Another thing is ice. Dump ice cubs into a small plastic bag and hold against afflicted skin
      • cortisone.
      • Seal off psoriasis. Cover lesions w/tape or plastic wrap for days or weeks can help clear up psoriasis, especially after cortison creme applied first.
      • Destress yourself. Overwhelming evidence that stress can trigger.
      • Add fish oil to your diet.

Hmm, interesting ideas, I may have to try some of them. Don't know about all of them though.

LOL.......after I posted this I got to read your post, Yizuman....seems that you already knew all this stuff! But, you know, I didn't.....it was good for me to read up on it!

Well, I am glad you got a nice book handy. We're both learning as we go.

Edited by - Yizuman on 18 December 2002 17:3:20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit