My Job Interview Today

by Yizuman 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, it went sorta shaky today I guess. This is a temp service job interview and gives job placements for those who match interests between employer and employee.

I told the interviewer that I am deaf and can read lips, but problem was he wasn't making it easy for me. His lips moved faster than the Tansmania Devil that I had to slow him down a good number of times. Plus he looked annoyed when I asked him to repeat some of his questions. So my impression was that he wasn't too impressed with my deafness. Some people can be real dicks about it.

Also I noticed his judging eyes looking at my psorisis. I have some patches on my forehead which I tried to cover with my bangs. I can't afford a cream medication at the moment to help me get rid of it. So, that bothered me quite a bit for someone to stare at my forehead.

Also the interviewer was in his 20s, so my concern was about his maturity on how he judges his applicants.

Since they requested names for the Business References, my fault was that I didn't take the time to find out the last names of the two supervisors I know at work, I know everyone pretty much on their first name basis. Also, they didn't tell me what the time gap they wanted from the references, i.e. one year time gap, not like 5-10 year time gap. So I had 2 good references thrown out.

I passed most of all of the software tests except for the WPM area, I rated 66% out of 70%. Just a tad under it, I think they were ok with it.

As for those that tried to help me out here on this forum to obtain a good suit for the interview since I have grown out of my old one (pats stomach ), thanks for looking out for me. Some suggested ideas on Goodwill and I went there. My sister said she would help me purchase my suit as an early x-mas present. So I found a very nice jacket, pants and shirt. I had the rest at home, tie, shoes, socks and belt. So I was pretty much set for the interview. The cost from Goodwill was $11.11 and they were super nice suit. Couldn't believe it. I think those were like a 300-400 dollar set.

So, I need to get the last names of the references. My concern is how they already perceived me as an employee. We're not like total buddy buddy, if you know what I mean. I'm kinda nervous. Then I will email the info to the interviewer and cross my fingers.

I've been in this retail type business for 20 years at various places and I need a change. A office type job would be a great change for me. Plus I have a passion for computers, so this would be a good match for me if I land a office type job.

Wish me luck and I hope I get something.

• Xena
    Xena

Good Luck...looks like you are taking a lot of positive steps in the right direction!

• SpannerintheWorks
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yizuman,

Take a look at this,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42678&site=3

Spanner

I read it and I am not replying. Some folks have been attacking me personally because I am not opening myself up yet to people to the fullest. They are also applying pressure against me to open up and I am not ready yet to discuss my background with JWs. When I feel ready to talk about it, I will. At my own time. Please do not pressure me or force me in any way. I ask for patience. I have opened myself up a little bit of each about myself and have felt comfortable talking about it.

Also my deafness has been questioned and attacked by these people. I don't understand what their problem is in regards to my deafness. Just because I retain some degree of intelligence doesn't mean that I am not deaf. Which is an insult to the deaf community just by giving the impression that deaf people are supposed to be illiterate and stupid. None of that is true.

Teentyuk is taking some things of what I said out of content in order to make me look bad, I do not appreciate that one bit.

I sent an email to Simon about this problem and I hope we can smooth this out without any kind of fuss. I hate to have to bother Simon about this since he has better things to do with his time and I do not like to take away anyone's time over something like this. But this has gone too far.

As for the "second account", I had a second account as Yizuman2, Simon deleted it and merged all of my Yizuman2 postings into my Yizuman account. Read what he said about duplicate accounts, this is what he did to me a while back.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42619&site=3

People who run out of posting limits as I understand it as 2 new topics per day and 20 postings per day. (Simon correct me if I am wrong on this rule). Then spawn a new account to beat that barrier so they can continue to post more.

I am not going to reply to "Trolls", "Personal Attacks", "Flaming", "Immature Comments" or anything of the sort. I am ignoring them.

Like I said earlier, I made a mistake on my request for financial help when I was in a jam and I posted a retraction & apologized to the community of this forum. I also apologized to Simon on this forum as well as on email.

Edited by - Yizuman on 18 December 2002 14:1:58

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Xena - "Good Luck...looks like you are taking a lot of positive steps in the right direction!"

Thank you Xena.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    I have some patches on my forehead which I tried to cover with my bangs.

Hi and good luck with that job interview.

I must say though that I have never heard a man refer to that particular hair style as "bangs". Usually just women call them that. Am I correct? Maybe it's just me.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Hi and good luck with that job interview.

I must say though that I have never heard a man refer to that particular hair style as "bangs". Usually just women call them that. Am I correct? Maybe it's just me.

I am from the midwest, Indiana. We all always called them "bangs", I've never known any other word for it. What do you call it?

• Simon
    Simon

Good luck with the interview / job hunting and thank you for not responding to the other thread - if more people could do this then it would solve a lot of problems IMHO !

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Sorry, Yuziman. I think it might just be jealousy on my part since I have very little hair left.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Simon THE GREAT MODERATOR - "Good luck with the interview / job hunting and thank you for not responding to the other thread - if more people could do this then it would solve a lot of problems IMHO !"

Thank you Simon and I appreciate the kind words. That means alot to me. That really encourages me alot.

And Thank You for closing the thread.

I really hope I land some kind of office job. I feel burned out from this retail type business and dealing with irrate customers day in and day out has gotten to be a bit too much for me. There's been times I almost lost my temper and would have lost my job on the spot, but I didn't. I came pretty close. That's when I realized it's time for a change.

Edited by - Yizuman on 18 December 2002 14:27:20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit