New to JW and looking for the right associations.

by sunflwergirl420 32 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

Everyone here has said it better than I can, and they speak friom experience. Please listen to them Sunflower. Kudos on trying to get your life together! The JW's don't want you here, cause you will find out the truth behind the "truth." But you will find much needed support here, and probably make some wonderful friends. Please reconsider your idea of joining the WT. Check out the information here, before you take that leap. Again, congrats on getting clean, and I pray that you will have strength to stay on a good path.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I wish you guys had a lot of money, I could end up with it all.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sunflwr:

I am enclosing a poem my hubby wrote maybe you can see the pain of being a witness in it. He grew up in the "truth" and is still battling the emotional toll it's reeked on his life and Sun he is A MORAL person (it make me urp LOL) I was baptized in 1984 I was the saint Sheila who studied and studied and went in service despite having a little girl then I was baptized and POOOOOOF it was over, I was virtually ignored and emotionally abused to know end. When my husband and I married although we were chaste rumours flew.

Please look to the "world" their ARE GOOD people there I worry that they will cause more harm than good and if you think they will be understanding your wrong they love to have ammunition to hurt and destroy the people they clainm to love. Please Please think and be grateful for them opening your eyesbut listen to the ones that have been hurt. We left WILLINGLY after many threats of retaliation we left for our sanity.

Servitude

A youthful soul with eyes trained forward to a false promise. Biblical blinders.
    For one with such a promising and bright future, good times were few. Holy halter.
    Innocent flesh covered with the scars of self inflicted sin. Witnesses whip.
    A back bent under the burden of bearing witness to lies. Evangelical arthritis.
    Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, five meetings a week. Approved association.
    Circuit and district conventions. Myriad on myriad of brothers. So alone in the crowd.
    Our years are only 70 or 80 if we have special mightiness. I wasted 20.
    I remained apart from the world while. No longer. The dog to its vomit?
    I delved into the word and found discrepancies. I wanted to make the Truth my own.
    I asked questions. They went unanswered. Accept on faith = comply or else.
    From delivering talks from the platform and working the literature counter. Servant.
    To bad association publicly reproved. All because I wanted to hear the Truth.
    Cast aside, no longer wanted by those representing a loving God. Marked.
    God hates a liar, I was that. Millions now living will never die. Bullshit.
    I was a liar because I believed and witnessed to the lie. Field service fallacies.
    I dont blame God for hating me. I hate myself for my part in the lie. Door to door dupe.
    I wonder how many lives my preaching ruined. My wifes.
    I will live the rest of my years on this world doubting everything. Color me Thomas.
    I will never be taken again. Once bitten twice shy.
    I traded Truth for light. Faith for fact. Living for hope is now hoping to live.
    70 or 80? Maybe, but not if I have anything to say about it.. I want my 20 back.
    I will however shine a light on the darkness that is the organization. Fact, not truth.
    Fact doesnt need faith, it stands alone. Right is right.
    My flesh is healed, my eyes wander the wonders of life, I stand tall not stooped.

Author: Christopher Madonia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit