OJ makes me sick

by hannibal 46 Replies latest social physical

• heathen
    heathen

Footprints - I don't suppose you have an extra robe I could borrow for the next klan meeting .lol

• LDH1
    LDH1

Foot says....

there is no reasonable explanation that suggests that OJ did not do it. Therefore there is no reasonable doubt.

OH MY FREAKING GOD.

Please tell me you did not just lecture us on the finer points of the law with this lame ass statement.

You may be a very intelligent person otherwise, but honey, you must have missed the part of our Law Code that DECLARES A MAN INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

NO ONE on OJ's defense team had to explain ANYTHING about OJ or his actions. He went into that courtroom presumed an innocent man. It is the responsibility of the prosecutor (District Attorney's Office) to prove that he is guilty. THEY FAILED TO DO THAT. Therefore, OJ walked. Your gripe should be with the Prosecution team and the inept Darden and Clark.

May God grant that you are NEVER summoned to jury duty, especially in a capital case.

Lisa

Not under Napoleonic Law Class

Disgusted Class

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Farkster.

Wambaugh wrote quite a number of novels like The Choir boys and The New Centurions. But later in his carrer he turned moreso to true crime. His true crime stories are outstanding. Lines and Shadows I read but I cant recall much about it.

"Echoes in the darkness" is a true story about what was called the "Mainline" murder case.Its the sordid story of the real lives of a bunch of High school teachers basically.

Another of his best is called "The blooding" . true story, the british cops sealed an entire english town and and took blood samples from every man to catch a sex killer.

Both highly recommended. (But hes still not as good as vince.)

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

NO ONE on OJ's defense team had to explain ANYTHING about OJ or his actions. He went into that courtroom presumed an innocent man. It is the responsibility of the prosecutor (District Attorney's Office) to prove that he is guilty. THEY FAILED TO DO THAT. Therefore, OJ walked. Your gripe should be with the Prosecution team and the inept Darden and Clark.

Lisa,

Thanks for demonstrating that at least some of us remember what the Constitution is as well as what it means. The quote above summarizes the reality of the Simpson case; law enforcement and the prosecution bungled it.

Heathen,

Your efforts to make light of my statements regarding your racist views will not obfuscate them; I'm going to quote you here to remind you of the reasons for my statements:

I think it is a total sham that just because a white person uses the N word that some how he is demonized to the point of losing all credibility as a Law enforcement officer. - - Heathen

Law enforcement officers have lots of power, and if there is any evidence that they might be inclined to exercise that power in a discriminatory manner, they should be removed for the protection of the public. If racism was rooted out of the LAPD, we might have been able to avoid the Rodney King debacle and the riots that followed.

Heathen, your efforts to advocate the plight of cops who use racial slurs speaks volumes about your own views.

The jury was mostly black ,so go figure this one out. - - Heathen

By implication, you are stating that blacks are unqualified to serve as jurors if the defendant is also black, since blacks are likely to vote for acquittal if the defendant is black. This demonstrates your ignorance as well as your bigoted viewpoint, as black juries have sent many black defendants to death row.

Yes, Heathen, I can picture you wearing the hood and robe. They fit you well.

Edited by - 144thousand_and_one on 20 December 2002 11:41:20

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

While I believe that OJ was guilty I do not believe that the prosecution presented a strong enough case. The defense did raise reasonable doubt, all they needed for the not guilty plea. If I were sitting on the jury I would have if following the law, had to have found him not guilty because of how the case was presented.

This case made for stronger racial divides, and instead of it being a murder trial it became a white/black affair. When the not guilty verdict was read, I still at this time remember the day, hour and minute. One half of my work environment broke out Orange Juice in celebration while the other half wanted to scream, and some wanted to do bodily harm to those celebrating. The entire thing sickened me because both sides lost focus IMO. Two people were brutally murdered and lives destroyed.

I still do not know what to make of OJ's recent comments, was he jesting and misquoted?

http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/822149.asp

O.J. No Longer 100 Percent Sure He is Innocent
    Calls Johnnie Cochrans recent statements thought provoking
    NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

Oct. 16 Days after former O. J. Simpson defense attorney Johnnie Cochran said on MSNBC that he is about 90 percent certain that his client was innocent, Mr. Simpson today said that his attorney had planted fresh seeds of doubt in his own mind.

FOR YEARS, IVE BEEN pretty sure that I did not murder my wife, Simpson said today at a golf course in Boca Raton, Fla., where he was taking a rare break from searching for the real killers of his wife. But if Johnnies not 100 percent sure, Im like, hey, maybe I better take another look at this.
    Simpson added that it would be crazy not to be swayed by Cochrans new statements, which he called thought provoking.
    Look, youre talking about a guy, Johnnie Cochran, who is a pretty smart guy, Simpson said. If he said maybe I did it, then maybe I did it.

Cochrans doubts about Simpsons innocence may help resolve one lingering mystery for the former Heisman Trophy winner: why it has been so difficult for him to find his wifes real killers, whom he pledged to hunt down after his acquittal in 1995.
    The former NFL star said that, in light of the new revelations, he may slow down his search, which he said has occupied almost every waking moment of his life for the past seven years.
    If it turns out that Im actually the one who did it, then looking for the real killers would be a big old waste of time, Simpson said.

2002 Newsweek, Inc.

Edited by - cassiline on 20 December 2002 12:17:59

• footprints
    footprints

Quote "He went into that courtroom presumed an innocent man."

Yup and he was still an innocent man after the criminal trial. Declared so by a jury.

Some juries refuse to met out any justice. Some juries take the law into their own hand.

Either way there could only be reasonable doubt if there was another reasonable explanation.

I would like to hear all the reasonable explanations of other ways she may have died. Might make great reading.

By the way, the last jury, the civil jury ,declared him guilty of causing her death and levied the largest punishment they could. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• heathen
    heathen

footprints- I think the whole trial was a mistrial .The system is full of loopholes .OJ was allowed to take the 5th the whole way and you are right not even his high priced lawyers could come up with a reasonable explaination as to the events that happened the night of the murders everything from OJ was chipping golf balls on his front lawn when the limo driver showed up and waited impatiantly and also claimed he saw a figure running into the house and still couldn't get an answer on the phone .To the lame explaination of his dog bit him on his hand while he was playing with it .Let's hope we never have to sit thru something like this again .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit