OJ makes me sick

by hannibal 46 Replies latest social physical

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Too bad he didnt pull the trigger. Anyway, I might not have WATCHED anything about the OJ trial on TV but after it was all over an American Lawyer who has written a few books ive read wrote a book about the OJ trial. The lawyer was Vincent Bugliosi and the book was called "Outrage" . According to Bugliosi the evidence of creepos guilt was irrefutable but the prosecution team was weak and The Judge, Ito, became convinced he was a movie star and behaved like one.

• heathen
    heathen

Sounds like you and farkel are on the same page.I did watch alot of the prelimanary hearings and also the trial .I don't have to read anything else on it .As a matter of fact I was tired of hearing aout it a long time ago . I think fuhrman had good reason to jump the fence .I think cops are allowed to do that, if say they hear a cry for help .I think if fuhrman was that good of a liar he would have suggested that .It wasn't until Kato told him of the thump on his wall that he decided to investigate that part of the property.I think it is a total sham that just because a white person uses the N word that some how he is demonized to the point of losing all credibility as a Law enforcement officer.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

I think fuhrman had good reason to jump the fence .I think cops are allowed to do that, if say they hear a cry for help. -- heathen

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, heathen, but this is the United States of America, and our government is based on a document known as the Constitution. The 4th Amendment protects us from unreasonable searches and seizures, and our Supreme Court has interpreted that to mean that a search warrant is required before searching private property unless the situation falls within a few, narrowly-defined exceptions. The glove was admitted into evidence via the "exigent circumstances" exception, which is only to be used where the police officer has reasonable basis to believe that a person's life is in imminent danger. "Imminent" has been interpreted to apply when a cop sees someone holding a knife to another's neck, etc.. In the OJ case, there were no real indications of imminent danger to human life. When Furhman jumped that fence, all on his own (where were the other cops?), he did so many hours after the crime had been committed. He could easily have obtained a search warrant; it takes less than an hour. Yet he chose to disregard the 4th Amendment.

I think it is a total sham that just because a white person uses the N word that some how he is demonized to the point of losing all credibility as a Law enforcement officer. - - heathen

In addition to using the "N" word multiple times, he lied on the stand and claimed that he didn't. Witnesses can be impeached by demonstrating the falsehood of their testimony as well as demonstrating bias. Here, not only did he lie, but he also used racial slurs, so the jury was correct in disregarding his testimony.

So, Heathen, you think law enforcement officers that use the "N" word in their speech should be given credibility? Do you wear a hood and robe as well?

• Farkel
    Farkel

144K + 1,

Of course, you missed my point. Whether I'm a layman in the law or not is irrelevant. I recommended a book by one of the best LAWYERS in this Country, and you poo-pooed it with your red-herring about my own lack of legal expertise.

You are as transparent as your decoys. If you don't want to educate yourself on the FACTS as presented by Bugliosi and instead, condescendly give us your lessons on the US Constitution, that is your choice.

By the way, I read the Constitution four times a year and have done so for decades.

Thomas Jefferson said he would rather see a thousand guilty people go free than one innocent person convicted. OJ is living proof that Jefferson was right.

Farkel

• heathen
    heathen

No hood and robe here. But last I checked I had the constitutional right to free speech.I aint sitting here with defense wounds on my finger the night after a double homicide claiming that I never saw the glove before and also being known to own such gloves. This is the last time I will reply to you 144 .So take your stereo typical attitude elsewhere.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ahhh. I hadnt read Farks comments before commenting. Well, I read outrage and very definitely got the impression that the evidence ( if HES got HER blood on HIS clothes I think thats a fair indicator) was damning, but the prosecution tean cocked the whole thing up.

On The subject of Lawyer Bugliosi, author of "Outrage", I might recommend his other two books Ive read also. "And the Sea will Tell" , a true murder story. Bugliosi worked as a defence attorney when he wrote that one. Excellent read.

Also read "Helter Skelter" THE definitive account of the Charles Manson cult. But then Bugliosi was the man who prosecuted Manson, so he should be able to write the definitive account.

• Farkel
    Farkel

RF,

: I might recommend his other two books Ive read also. "And the Sea will Tell" , a true murder story. Bugliosi worked as a defence attorney when he wrote that one. Excellent read.

: Also read "Helter Skelter" THE definitive account of the Charles Manson cult. But then Bugliosi was the man who prosecuted Manson, so he should be able to write the definitive account.

I beat ya to the draw on recommendations there! See the first page of this thread!

Farkel

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Fark. So you did. Sorry about that .

Looks like you are, along with myself, a bit of a Bugliosi fan. I was totally blown away at the end of "And the Sea will tell" when he produced the diagram of the Island and demonstrated how the killer could ONLY have disposed of the bodies in one place on the entire planet IF the girl was innocent.

And the bodies were right there!!

Totally blew me away. So obvious.

You read Joseph Wambaugh?? I think his " Echoes in the darkness" was a fabulous read also.

• Farkel
    Farkel

RF,

: You read Joseph Wambaugh?? I think his " Echoes in the darkness" was a fabulous read also.

Yes. I've read "The Blue Knight," "The Choirboys," and "Lines and Shadows." The latter novel took place in my own backyard of San Diego, CA, and was about the Border Patrol and Immigration authorities. Didn't read "Echoes in the Darkness," though but will now!

Farkel

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Whether I'm a layman in the law or not is irrelevant. I recommended a book by one of the best LAWYERS in this Country, and you poo-pooed it with your red-herring about my own lack of legal expertise. - - Farkel

As a person who makes a living in the legal profession, I find your status as a layman to be quite relevant when it comes to assessing the value of your recommendations regarding books to read on legal subjects.

If you don't want to educate yourself on the FACTS as presented by Bugliosi and instead, condescendly give us your lessons on the US Constitution, that is your choice. - - Farkel

I wasn't aware that Mr. Bugliosi had all the facts in the OJ case. The State of California could have saved a lot of money if this was known; we could have just had a trial that was limited to testimony by Bugliosi, a lawyer who according to Farkel, is "one of the best LAWYERS in this Country[!]" Why didn't you enlighten us before, Farkel?

While I do respect Mr. Bugliosi, I don't need to read his book to understand the OJ trial. I watched much of it, and one of my close friends was a law clerk for Judge Ito during the trial. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about it and sick of people who disparage our courts over it, as this trial was anything but typical of trials in this state. I was at a luncheon where Christopher Darden spoke and publicly apologized for his unfair criticisms of Judge Ito. We're still waiting to hear from Marcia, who is now a television news commentator in Los Angeles.

As for your complaint that I am "condescend[ing]," you are hardly the person who ought to complain about that. Your posts reek of your arrogance, and I am only responding to you in kind. Remember, you are the one who initiated the hostile dialogue. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, crybaby!

This is the last time I will reply to you 144 .- - heathen

Given the quality of your previous responses, that's probably a good idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit