Alone at new years eve again

by Pleasuredome 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Damn....Don't act like such a pussy! Go out to a club or to your local watering hole! Are you afraid of women or what?? How difficult can it be? Do you live in the So Cal area? cause i can hook you up. Unless of course your really ugly then forget it

• wednesday
    wednesday

nakedmvistar,

u are soul of compassion lol

• Independent
    Independent

I'm new here and haven't posted very much - hopefully, time off over the holidays will cure that!

Holidays are nonexistent when your in the borg (you guys know that) but it's real strange when you step out. I've got a long association, never baptised tho, and only recently stepped away from a lifetime of teachings (born into it). This is my first real Xmas, I skipped halloween ('cause it was too weird), so I totally understand where you're coming from. I did drunken New Years in my teens & 20s, but as an adult, that wears thin (and the hang overs are harder to handle!) I get by with a little help from my friends, as the song goes, so please just be kind to yourself. I know i'm still very wounded and it takes double time to heal from emotional abuse/wounds. I hope you manage to have some fun over the holiday. Don't make a big deal out of it, but do something that you enjoy. Buy a great bottle of wine or whatever your thing is. Start your own tradition and hopefully, when you get attached, you can continue and expand. Try not to over-think on the dogma - it's so destructive!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

thank guys for the comments

just gota keep looking for the positive things. just now and again i feel a little low and i was that when i decided i'd post this thread. feeling ok about it all now though. there's people out there with real problems, and sometimes we can get caught up in our own little world, wallowing in self pity.

Edited by - pleasuredome on 20 December 2002 17:57:41

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Wallowing can be a good thing, Pleasure. I like to wallow. But, you are right. You gotta pick yourself up and get over it.

The truth is, unless you're a jw or total introvert, it's no fun being alone on New Year's Eve. You know that most everyone else is out merry-making, while you're sitting there reading a book. Then, when it's midnight, you hear all the cheers and fireworks. So, wallow away and know that every year won't be this way.

Loneliness IS a real problem, don't sell yourself short. I've spent lots of time feeling alone and sad. It's just that now I kind of like being on my own. If you are really looking for someone, try looking in places that you like. If you like to read, go to the library or a book store. If you like nature, go out on a trail. I have met some outstanding people in Yahoo Personals as well. You know what I mean.

I wish you the best,
    Dottie

Edited to add: I hate this expression: "Don't act like such a pussy!" I am proud of my pussy and there is nothing derogatory about my pussy, so there!

Edited by - windchaser on 20 December 2002 18:53:51

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit