Alone at new years eve again

by Pleasuredome 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

new years eve 1996 was the last time i enjoyed a new years eve with a girlfriend. even though i wasnt into celebtrating it in a major way because of the JW influence on my life, it was a really great time to be with someone i cared about.

1997 onwards i became involved with the JWs and of course i couldnt become involved with a worldly girl, so i became celebate. (no chance of a JW girlfriend with the way they looked and the way their brains worked)

2002 now uninvolved with the JWs and still on my own, i think this time it might be tougher than previous. it would be soooo nice to meet someone, to share time with, especially this period. its a time when people forget their troubles and think of others. people become more emotional and friendly.

looks like i'll just have to sit in home and watch tv again. hhmmmm....

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Not only are you alone, feeling sorry for yourself, but nobody even cares enough to comment. You have to love the irony of it.

I just couldn't leave this one alone,

sorry,

Stan

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

looks like i'll just have to sit in home and watch tv again. hhmmmm....

oooooh, don't sound so blue there must be something going on that you can go check out !

if nothing else, grab a really good book ! sometimes our own company is the best around! ( there were a few New Year Eves when I wished I was at home reading a good book! )

peace, christina

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Stan,

(Looking to pour a little salt in the wound huh? Nice.)

Awe Guy,

The new year is what you make it man. I have had a new year's alone. But I had my friend Jack D with me. There is still two weeks before new years. There are lots of women out there to be friends with. Any old friends or army buddies? Any family or co-workers? Any commercial parties? Ever done a dating service? If you want a date make a date. There are lots of people out there that are lonely. Even if you end up being one this year make a resolution for next year to be the best year of your life. Then MAKE IT SO!

There are to many beautiful women out there that are way to cool to ever give up I.M.O.

(I got mine!)

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I will be with my sister who doesn't do anything on New Year's Eve anymore, which is good. The last time we did New Year's Eve together she fixed me up with a bogus blind date, so I got sloshed and threw up all over myself.

Maybe I will meet a Santa, who I am strangely attracted to, and we will ride off on his sleigh to the moon.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Can't help noticing the distinction in your comments between "being alone" and without a girl or "celiabate". What is it that is really bothering you? Being alone or being without a woman?

I don't mean to sound picky but this surely is important for you to think about also.

Just to volunteer my situation: I have been without a relationship for many years at age 31 but I feel no lonliness what so ever.

• dins
    dins

Just think how fun it will be to put your feet up, down some brews, turn on the telly to UK Gold and watch all those Only Fools and Horses reruns! Who needs anything more??? :) Diana

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((((((Ballistic)))))))))

Just felt like givin you a hug is all.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

I am holding the smallest violin!! Woe is me! Get over it!

• hybridous
    hybridous

Pay no attention to those who would dismiss your feelings, my friend. Many of us feel that void at different times all thru the year...you just happen to feel it now.

My advice is to indulge yourself in something (preferably not self-destructive) which brings you relief and pleasure. Do you play music? Or write? Do it...and do A LOT of it. As for me, New Years has fallen out of favor for a variety of reasons - mainly, I can't tolerate a spitting headache and an upset stomach....that's just me, though.

One more thing....do something nice for someone. I don't mean spend a lot of money...just put yourself out there for someone. You will enjoy the rewards, regardless of wether you are with someone for the New Year or not.

Good luck,

HYBRIDOUS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit