Alone at new years eve again

by Pleasuredome 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

(((Pleasuredome)))

I feel for ya. New Year's is the one holiday I alwayz looked forward to celebratin'.

• onacruse
    onacruse

In my experience, loneliness is a self-inflicted pain. I behave like an extrovert, but inside I am reserved and cautious. Skeptical. Even calloused.

With bikerchic, I took a big step. A HUGE step. And that is, I chose to trust myself (for the first time), and to trust someone else (again).

The operative word is CHOSE.

You are not alone, Pleasuredome...

unless you let yourself be so.

imho

Craig

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Cheer up! I think New Years is one of those Holidays that gets blown out of proportion and can never be as thrilling as it seems.

I have yet to have a Rockin New Years, despite the urgings of Dick Clark.

I've tried a couple times...maybe I wasn't drunk enough...oh well. And each year I end the night thinking, well that was disapoininting, maybe next year will be more fun.

Maybe next year will be your year? You can always hope.

• Debz
    Debz

I agree its very odinary to be on your own for NYE but I have had so many now I almost think it would be strange to be with someone..there`s always a good book - not quite the same but......its only a day isn`t it?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

don't wanna be alone? hang wif some friends.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hey PD,
    Ya should come up to Scotland, because our NewYears parties KICK, and last for days!!!

I'm going to be spending the NewYear with friends, because my wife still isn't "holiday-friendly".

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

ballistic

maybe celebate was the wrong word to use, i just meant being without a girlfriend deliberately because of the situation i was in.

thanks guys for the comments, i think maybe some of the past 5 years may have been wasted to a certain extent because of the fact i let the WTS decide what i was going to do, i think feelings about that come into it somewhere. friends dont go out like they used to, so its very difficult to go to the places where lots of girls are without looking like i hermit. i'm trying dating services, not much success so far.

maybe i should harden up, and say 'bah humbug', and not get myself involved with the festive spirit. i dont know. for the past 5 years i've had to look at things in a real selfish way so as to be not bothered with all this, maybe i'll have to become doubley selfish.

• Debz
    Debz

Ballistic..its really the girlfriend thing and not related to Xmas at all is it? You would be welcome to have Xmas with me ...BUT `im in AustraliaX

• Solace
    Solace

I agree with Joanna,

I think New Years eve is way overrated.

Try not to let it get you down and do something you enjoy.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I would suggest doing some volunteer work, maybe at a homeless shelter. You might be surprised. The nicest people in the world, are those giving of themselves for nothing in return. This time of year, they are present in abundance, and never turn a helping hand away.

If you start right now, and begin to volunteer, then when New Years gets here, you would be included in the celebration with someone--probably lots of people. You don't have to be alone, unless you choose to be.

Also, giving of one's self and forgetting that you are "lonely" and "without a girlfriend", just may open up all kinds of avenues for meeting nice young ladies.

Life is a trip. You just have to get a ticket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit