What did Jesus REALLY look like?

by RubyTuesday 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

What Jesus looked like doesn't really matter to me... in a faith that is moved by his teachings and not his looks, however it doesn't stop to amaze me why organized religion has gone out of its way to make us think he was gorgeous. The following scriptures plainly states that he was'nt even just "average" looking but maybe even deformed.Maybe it is important what he looked like....important enough to put in the bible and important enough for man to twist it...no twist isn't the word...LIE!

Visage =The face, countenance, or look of a person or an animal; -- chiefly applied to the human face. --

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Comeliness=Pleasing and wholesome in appearance; attractive. See Synonyms at

beautiful

. Suitable; seemly: comely behavior

Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Edited by - rubytuesday on 17 December 2002 14:13:31

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

there is no beauty that we should desire him
    If Isaiah was right, then the 'beauty' portrayed by the artists is the undeniable fact that He is most desireable to those who truly believe in Him and his message.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I pretty much accept the image depicted in the Shroud of Turin as what Jesus looked like.

• meadow77
  • YERU2
    YERU2

Meadow,

Jesus looked like a red "X"?

• meadow77
    meadow77

Oh my!!Yeru, Is that all you can see? I can see the picture I posted. Check and see again. Once again, I think my inadequate computer skills rear their ugly head. If it's still not there, tell me what I must have done wrong, please. I have this picture of jesus in my pictures. I thought I got it transfered correctly.

• no one
    no one

Yeru,

I think meadow was trying to say that Jesus was white with a red birthmark.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Is anything showing up?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What did Jesus REALLY look like?

Well, historians are not "for sure" certain, but some of the latest scientific discoveries have indicated he might have looked a lot like this:

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Fark.

He sure as hell didn't look like Leonardo DiCaprio as most people imagine him.

JESUS WAS A JEW. Jews are not Aryans. They do not have Aryan features.

Having been to Israel, I will tell you most jews look like blacks, with lighter skin.

Lisa

(Waiting to see how many Jews take offense at being compared to a black, Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit