Depressing chat to my still-in brother about the RC

by Lemonp 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

Here is a quick breakdown of our conversation (by text message)

Me: "Have you read about the Royal Commission? The Org has been covering up child abuse. The head of Australia branch gave evidence and even lied to try stop them calling a GB member to testify!"

Him: "I am not talking about this"

Me: "That's ok, as long as you are aware"

"Its just screwed up that the branch documents show its ok to appoint a pedo elder"

Him: 'I said I don't want to talk about it, i agree it is not right, but let jah deal with it"

Me: "Sorry, don't worry. As long as you keep informed, that's what I'm asking"

Him: "The Royal Commission is how Jehovah is fixing it"

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The RC is how Jah is fixing it?????

Wow, depressing is right. These people really have sold their souls to the WTBTS

• sir82
    sir82

"The Royal Commission is how Jehovah is fixing it"

That is exactly the line brain-dead loyalist JWs will use if the news gets very bad and very prominent. I can 110% guarantee it.

"Oh, just like Jehovah used the Babylonians, then the Romans, to cleanse his organization, he's using this worldly organization to do so now. Praise Jah!"

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    Cognitive Disonance in JW land...what an awesome sight to see. I hate this F%cking cult
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Facepalm.....

"The Royal Commission is how Jehovah is fixing it"

So, let's get this straight. Jehovah(tm) cannot communicate how to fix it to their holinesses the watchtower popes. Jehovah(tm) is getting Satan to sort it out for him.

Well, a big hooray to the great Jehovah(tm)...way to go god!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Oh gosh. I can imagine my one BIL spewing the exact same bullshit.

"When good thing happens it's the truth,

and when bad things happen it's the truth,

and when good things and bad things happen at the same time,

that's the clearest proof

that it's Jehovah gods clean organization. . . . "

• done4good
    done4good

The silver lining is it means they know about it. You cannot do much about the cognitive dissonance, it is expected.

This is getting coverage, the WTS is scared, and the inmates are getting restless. This is a win-win.

d4g

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I'm sure your Brother would have a different view of it if he or someone he loved was molested. If it doesn't personally affect them they bury their head in the sand.

We see it in our family. It is so frustrating!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Him: "The Royal Commission is how Jehovah is fixing it"

Well if that's true, then it is evidence that the organization has gone apostate just like the ancient Israelites. Think: The destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar (and don't get started on dates).

This also means that only a fool would remain part of this organization!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Lemonparty.org - Him: "The Royal Commission is how Jehovah is fixing it"

Yep. That's pretty much what I would have said when I was a JW 30 years ago. The first person we learn to lie to is ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit