Toddler missing near Kingdom Hall

by Swan 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

How tragic!

That reminds me of my cousin who lives in Brampton Canada currently. She is an adult now. However, she recently has told me of her experiences when she was a mere small jw toddler.

Wearing her cute little pouffy jw dresses at about 18 months of age, she recalls a brother who used to take her off the jw property after the Sunday meetings and SELL her to dirty old men. She was so traumatized by it that she could not go to a KH. Once she even witnessed a man --- who after having sex with her --- hung himself!

Last I heard she is attending meetings again, after about 20 years of therapy. When she was about 30, she finally told the elders. Of course, the so-called brother who did those horrible things is still a member in good standing .... jw rules, you know ... no witnesses to the vile deed, so it could not have happened.

Again ... jws protect the guilty and further victimize the victim. NO WAY is that any organization of God!!!

My heart goes out to all the lambs.

ESTEE_TX

• Swan
    Swan

Yeru,

I didn't mean to imply anything. It was the top story on the TV news this morning and they reported it as a possible child abduction. The newspaper mentioned it happened near Mildred Lane and Sunnyside Rd, where I know there happens to be a Kingdom Hall. It was just a story I thought people here would be interested in.

Unfortunately, it ended very tragically. They found his poor little body drowned in a creek. I feel so sorry for this poor little guy and his foster father. He probably blames himself for allowing himself to be distracted. It's just such a sad story.

Tammy

Body of missing Salem toddler found

SALEM - Searchers have found the body of a 2-year old Salem boy who disappeared Sunday night.

This morning, crews found the body of Travis Adams in the creek behind his foster grandparents home.

Salem Police spokesman Lt. Bill Kohlmayer told KATU News that a K-9 unit found Travis body in the creek about a half-mile down stream from where he disappeared from.

This morning more than 60 searchers including a helicopter from the Oregon Air National Guard scoured an area of south Salem off of Sunnyside Road for Travis after a search on Sunday turned up empty.

Travis had been playing with other children outside Sunday night while visiting his foster grandparents.

The child's foster father told police he turned away from the toddler for just a moment. When he turned back, police said, Travis was gone.

Travis joined his foster family in northeast Salem several months ago.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Swan,

Good enough, I won't belabor the point. It's just that with the subject line you gave and no mention of a Kingdom Hell or Jehovah's Witnesses in the article I was missing the connection. Next time, just a brief blurb by you saying you know the area or something would have shut me up sooner. Blessings to ya (sorry for the kid and his family)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit