Circuit Visit / Christmas campaign

by caspian 23 Replies latest jw friends

• caspian
    caspian

Hi

Sorry that I haven't posted for a while, been moving house and congregation over the last few weeks.

Just thought that I will mention, the comments made by our CO at the elders meeting on the Friday of his visit.

With the elders starting the visits on the inactive in Jan and Feb, it was suggested by the Society to start a week or so earlier to see how many have inactive ones have christmas decorations and so-on.

It was also suggested that if such ones are celebrating a pagan festival, it could be classed as false worship. which is classified as a "self-disassociation offence" and hence an announcement could be made to the congregation.

My question is this, is it just our CO taking things in to his own hands or is this now national or international policy

Kind regards

Cas

• JH
    JH

They are more interested in catching people in fault that coming over to encourage. Shame on them. Is it the first time that they select Christmas time for visits?

Are inactive ones visited in the field service or is there a special evening reserved for that?

Edited by - JH on 16 December 2002 12:56:43

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42264&site=3

Yes, we have been discussing that, Caspian.

Blondie

• surferdude
    surferdude

hey caspian,,,

nice to hear from you again, those of us still in love your insight,

just a few questions. During the elders meeting, it is a discussion, or a talk to you by the co?i mean, can anyone ask the co to clarify a point or even DISAGREE with him? and what is your cong.'s requirements to be "used" at the hall? my hall has just recently started using only ms and elders to handle just about every task at the hall. i got booted from reading the wt for "low " hours (4 per month) after a few years of reading, which lead to a heated discussion because the elders said "there is not standard or rule,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT" i told them that if you were a brother who was a regular part of the congregation if felt you should be able to read, attend, do lit counter, etc which he didnt like,, the reason it is so easy at our hall is because we have only one or 2 like that, you are either an ms or very irregular....

any insight would help

• Scully
    Scully

caspian writes:

With the elders starting the visits on the inactive in Jan and Feb, it was suggested by the Society to start a week or so earlier to see how many have inactive ones have christmas decorations and so-on.

It was also suggested that if such ones are celebrating a pagan festival, it could be classed as false worship. which is classified as a "self-disassociation offence" and hence an announcement could be made to the congregation.

It happened to us last week. Check out the two threads I started about the visit elders made to our house.

Love, Scully

• caspian
    caspian

Scully, sorry to hear that happen to you.

Surferdude.

just a few questions. During the elders meeting, it is a discussion, or a talk to you by the co?i mean, can anyone ask the co to clarify a point or even DISAGREE with him?

It happens very rarely, most elders if they have a genuine concern will see the CO in private later, most just follow the crowd.

and what is your cong.'s requirements to be "used" at the hall? my hall has just recently started using only ms and elders to handle just about every task at the hall. i got booted from reading the wt for "low " hours (4 per month) after a few years of reading, which lead to a heated discussion because the elders said "there is not standard or rule,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT" i told them that if you were a brother who was a regular part of the congregation if felt you should be able to read, attend, do lit counter, etc which he didnt like,, the reason it is so easy at our hall is because we have only one or 2 like that, you are either an ms or very irregular....

Every cong is different, my last cong was very easy going, however in my new cong only let elders and MS do any thing, the society dont get involved with these things.

Cas

• Shakita
    Shakita

Nothing but scum.

If this is true, the spies should be by my house soon.

Has anyone ever confronted this issue of "dissassociation in absentia?" How can they make a judicial decision without a trial of somekind? How can they convict a person on an oral agreement?(baptism) Is taking legal action something to be considered here? It seems to me that all the freedom of speech that the society has fought and won for in the court system should come back to haunt them. Maybe that "freedom of speech" needs to be legally fought for in the name of, not the WTBS, but its members who wish of their own free will to leave without punishment of public defamation.

My husbands brother is a lawyer in NY. I am not sure what his field is, but maybe if the situation comes down to this, we will give him a call.

Mrs. Shakita

Edited by - shakita on 16 December 2002 10:35:18

• JT
    JT
    just a few questions. During the elders meeting, it is a discussion, or a talk to you by the co?i mean, can anyone ask the co to clarify a point or even DISAGREE with him? and what is your cong.'s requirements to be "used" at the hall? my hall has just recently started using only ms and elders to handle just about every task at the hall. i got booted from reading the wt for "low " hours (4 per month) after a few years of reading, which lead to a heated discussion because the elders said "there is not standard or rule,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT" i told them that if you were a brother who was a regular part of the congregation if felt you should be able to read, attend, do lit counter, etc which he didnt like,, the reason it is so easy at our hall is because we have only one or 2 like that, you are either an ms or very irregular....

Discretionary rights

This is what you are running into and there is nothing you can do about it as a jw- the society gives the elders the power to make any call they want to when it comes to using local men-

Which means in one hall they may use 4 hour men and in another they dont and you cant question it

In one hall they may use 4 hours for everyone, in our hall we didnt if it was an old man then he would get a waiver, if it was some single hot stud, NO WAY-

It has always been the societys POSITION to used only MS and Elders and others based on the circumstances-= titles and positions are often used as a carrot- most males want to have them then threaten to take them away and they will jump

I know men who have kicked their pregnant daughters out on the street so as to maintain elder status-

The problem is simple wt has Cheese Cracker Men in charge and cheese cracker men who want to be put in charge of something , be it mikes, sound, mag, territory, wt conduction, or bookstudy conductor

Wt is like any other American Corp there are positions and those who work there want those positions , even if they are being told that they are GOD APPOINTED POSITIONS matters not-

This is why you CANT BEAT THE WT SYSTEM

ELDERS along with all JW live and breath by written and unwritten rules-

The reason they took your strips is because they felt YOU WERE NOT DOING YOUR BEST

And the societys position is if the body feels the man aint doing his best just token service they they can take any privilidges they deem

Problem is THEY GET TO MAKE THE CALL AND - thereby insureing no consistant procedure-

This is what makes the process so dangerous you have cheese cracker men in charge of telling you WHAT YOUR SELF WORTH IS

There is nothing more humiliating than for a man to be removed- it is almost assumed he must have been out getting some Coochie smile

This is why it is so important to understand the The System-

Even if you are a good elder the Sytem Draggs you along, either you will conform or leave

I left

• surferdude
    surferdude

thanks caspian and jt,

fortunately i don't jump for titles or priviledges! i told the elder's " no matter what you say to me it is not going to stop me from KNOWING i am a good brother" and i am just sorry that you cant see that i am doing my best . as you might figure i was not too shook up about it,, less stress for me, infact i now have downgraded my amount of reported hours to 1 and 2 mags, even though my cbso and the whole cong see me go out in service 2 or 3 times a month....

sd

• TR
    TR

Hmmmm. I think I'll INVITE the damn elders to my house for a visit. They'll have to run the gauntlet of Christmas lights and decorations on the way to the front door. Hopefully they'll disregard the "NO "HOVAH" sign on the door. When they ring the doorbell, it will play a Christmas tune. When I answer the door, I'll greet them with a hearty "Merry Christmas! I'll ramble on endlessly about meaningless crap, and in the mean time they can stare at all the Christmas stuff in my house. Christmas music will be playing in the background, along with the wife and kids discussing what to get so-and-so for Christmas, and who's coming for Christmas dinner. Occasionally I'll chime in my opinion to my wife about what to get aunt "Zelda" for Christmas, and what Christmas parties we'll be attending.

Or not.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit