Christmas ideas.., help

by Brummie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Beside the obvious "mouse trap" or "Bird-catcher" gifts, any ideas what can I get my wife for Christmas? I've thought of a few things but need input.

Ladies whats the nicest gift your hubby brought you for crimp? I'm just no good at this at all.

Also what can you buy a guy who is bed-ridden and seems to have everything contained in his little room?

I'm stuck.

Brummie (wondering whether I should buy her the bound volumes..NOT!)

edited to say Thanks RIZ and LOL Beck_nows the chance for everyone to take that oppurtunity to let everyone know what they want by posting here....Those were GOOD ideas though

Edited by - Brummie on 16 December 2002 1:42:44

• riz
    riz

the nicest thing my husband ever bought me for x-mas is diamond stud earrings. you can't go wrong with diamonds!

as for the bed-ridden one, how about books or a gameboy?

good luck, brummie.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

A really good idea would be mats for her car...and a cup holder for her car...and...if you want to really splash out, some sheepskin car seat covers for her car....especially if she spends a good part of her day driving to and from work each day...and maybe getting her air conditioner fixed in her car would also be appreciated

Now all I need is for someone I know who lurks here to read this

Hugs Brummie, thanks for letting me post in your space.

~Beck~

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Don't buy her a vacuum cleaner. It is the one gift that keeps on sucking.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Most women love jewelry. Find out what her favorite stone is, then buy her some earrings.

Also what can you buy a guy who is bed-ridden and seems to have everything contained in his little room?

How about a magazine subscription? That's what I got my son. A subscription to baseball digest. It is the gift that keeps coming each month for a year.

Mrs. Shakita

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

My Sweet Vampire has given me many awesome gifts.... hmmmmmm... I would think about your lady for a while. Does she need anything? Has she misplaced her watch lately? Is her pocketbook or coat getting shabby? Could she use a day at a spa? Gift certificates for a maasage or hot tubbing? A romantic evening: dinner at her favorite eatery, followed by a chick-flick and a hot tub and champagne?

If I was bedridden I'd be wanting to shop!! Does this fellow has internet accesss? Gift certificates to Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble might be cool.

~Witch

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Don't buy her a vacuum cleaner.

I know a married couple who had a HUGE fight over that gift. She was STEAMED!!!

The best gift my husband ever gave me was a gold watch. It is a bracelet style, and very pretty. When I took it out of the case, I realized it was REAL gold, because it was heavy and the color is unmistakable from "pretend" gold. I love it still, after about 10 years. Still very fashionable.

Another time he bought me tickets to an ice show. (he came too) He knows I love them, and it was very special.

• Mary
    Mary

Brummie, how about a gift certificate to a Day Spa? I don't know any woman who doesn't love to be pampered with massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, body wrap etc.........I know alot of the guys at work get this for their wives.....

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Brummie, sometimes it is hard to get that just right present for our loved ones, give my husband a tool, any tool, and he is soooo happy. For a lady, I always enjoyed receiving my gold diamond ring, earrings, gold, candy, and the most precious part of it all was the christmas card I got from him expressing in the verse his love that he felt for me. It just made me feel so special.

• LB
    LB

Buy her one of those 3 day weekend cruises.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit