Feb1,2003 Question from readers

by hannibal 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hannibal
    hannibal

"Why does the bible say that a person should scream if theatened with rape"

Has anyone posted this yet? Its rather unbeleivable.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Can you elaborate? Did somebody change the lightbulb at Bethel again?

Expatbrit

• hannibal
    hannibal

exapatbrit,

NOPE, I wish I could scan it, put its fightenly much of the same, as the

title suggests.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Alrighty, I'll see if the wife has her placement copies yet and if so then I'll try and scan it.

Expatbrit

• caligirl
    caligirl

Read Diane Wilson's book - She goes into detail about the repeated flip-flop on the society's "policy" regarding what the woman should do. I hope you can scan this page you are talking about - I am sure it will make me nauseous to read, but it will be interesting to see what it says.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Well, all in all it says that a woman has to scream if someone is attacking her.

But there is a section in which it is said that Deuteronomy 22:23-27 is rather brief and does not cover situations when a woman is mute, unconscious or paralyzed from fear.

The section states that God knows all the circumstances and that the congregation should be supportive.

I have not checked past articles on that but I remember that to scream or not to scream was a vital question.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

It was a stupid article. Made me sick. They just say you must scream at all costs..unless you are frozen with fear .... Stupid religion..stupid questions and stupid answers.I would do whatever I could to try and save my life!.I'm sure they won't be around to take care of my responsibilities if I scream and die because of it!!!

Maybe they should rehearse a rape first? Maybe they should have a talk with illustrations and role plays for the JW's so they know what to do!.If they don't properly instruct ..aren't they bloodguilty for what happens?

Snoozy......

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I was surprised during Mike Pence's interview with JR Brown that he seemed to indicate that the policy was still in effect where in certain instances a woman could possibly be disfellowshipped for not screaming.

I cannot comprehend them clinging to this in view of how badly this makes them look and I don't understand how they constantly refer to these obscure parts of the law that was supposedly done away with.

I would also be interested in the scan of this article.

Thanks,

Path

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is there anyone who can scan this article for posting?

• Matty
    Matty

I haven't got it yet, but I certainly will when I do, unless someone else does it before!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit