silentlambs board gets name change & new ...

by wednesday 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wednesday
    wednesday

just got an info e-mail from bill, board is going down dunday MN. due to too much ngeative talk. possible he says the REV may open another formum not associated with SL.Bill says the effort needs to be concentrated on the coming court cases.

Edited by - wednesday on 13 December 2002 19:22:49

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow, what happened? You mean the discussion board, or the whole web site?

• wednesday
    wednesday

Discussion board only-no intent to alarm. According to the info e-mail , Bill feels it was not turning out to be positive place for abuse survivors to be. It appears the negative topics were the ones most discussed.

• LB
    LB

I doubt you'll ever find a board where all the messages are positive. Except a JW site where crap is forcefed to everyone. Well that's not positive either.

• abbagail
    abbagail

The forum will stay up, just as it is, but it will not have the "silentlambs.org" associated with it.

The forum is "LambsRoar" not silentlambs.org, and the name has already been changed, and all the other details for the change are being worked on as we speak... Take a look yourself.

LambsRoar.com - Hear The Lambs Roar!http://66.96.211.34/~silent/index1.html?http://lambsroar.com/board/

The regular silentlambs WEBSITE will still exist, of course.

I disagree with Bill that there were too many negative threads. Take a look at the seven pages of all topics since the forum opened (click on Active Topics, and select "All Topics" and compare negative v. positive threads yourself.

I think BB wishes everyone associated with SL would stop "playing" on the forums and get to work on the website. Just my two cents.

UPDATE: Rev has posted an announcement about it at the LAMBS ROAR FORUMS: http://www.lambsroar.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=1395#1395

~ RevMalk ~
    Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:08 pm Post subject: ANNOUNCEMENT - ALL MEMBERS - ANNOUNCEMENT
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regrettably, Bill has decided that forums are not a valuable part of silentlambs.org, and will no longer be a part of the silentlambs website.

However, there is good news!

Bill has expressed to me that he has absolutely no problem with the forums continuing to exist. This is great, and thank you Bill.

Now, starting immediately, the official address of the forums will be LambsRoar.com. Since the beginning, the forums have been located at this address, and will continue to be here. You've undoubtedly noticed this already. For those of you that have not noticed this, and no longer wish to be a member, please email us immediately at:

[email protected]?subject=remove my membership

Now, first things first.....we need a better logo. If anyone has lamb images, please please send them to me, or samples of logos, etc.

Perhaps we can have a contest to see who can create the best logo for LambsRoar.com? I think that's a great Idea, it will signify a new day. A day of equal opinions, and a day of equal rights. When major changes occur at LambsRoar.com, LambRoar.net, or LambsRoar.org, you will ALWAYS be able to state your opinion, and ALL opinions will be accepted!

That's a Promise.

A copy of this announcement will be sent via email to all registered users, to ensure that everyone has been notified.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Overall, I think it's a pretty good idea and turned out for the best for all parties. Don't cha think?

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Removed comments after finding out that the DB would continue at another web site and based on the subject that was not clear at first.

Edited by - beelzedub on 13 December 2002 20:30:0

• waiting
    waiting

lol Grits.......... you probably have the right idea.

I think the change is positive - congratulations for moving forward with Rev. Malk. I like that guy.

"Anyone who hasn't changed his opinion on anything in over a year better check his pulse. He's probably dead." author unknown at the moment.

Good move.

waiting

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Just so everyone knows what's happening.....Basically nothing except the link to the forums will soon be coming OFF the silentlambs site, and the logo is changing. Other than that absolutely nothing will change (except perhaps a little more fun).

As soon as I can get to it, we'll be having a 'Create the LambsRoar Logo' contest. What will you win? A big smile.

No really, we'll find something for you :)

All current members will remain members of LambsRoar.com (which is exactly what they've been all along)

If anyone wishes to be removed from membership, please email me ASAP. If you have any questions, please do the same, or post in the Suggestions/Comments area.

As I've said, at the NEW LambsRoar.com, everyone's opinion counts, and that's a promise!

Thanks!

~ RevMalk ~

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Silentlambs is a website for current and former Jehovah's Witnesses who were molested.

Of course there is going to be negative talk! Hello?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit