how the things are going with my sister

by opusdei1972 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Using the "suicidal" method is good, the Elders book instructs them on this, for them to ask for proof would be nonsense, and easily called out, though "difficult Elders" may need to be shown the error of their ways. Such insensitivity would be meat and drink to the Media.

The famous "Letters" to be found on this Site show how to insist on fair legal treatment, you have your "friend at Court" present when they call on you, or at a J.C, and all proceedings are to be recorded for future Court action.

Threaten either of the above, and I am sure the Elders will back off.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    God, this makes me so sad. We have lost folks to suicide due to shunning right here on this board. People who have struggled for years with the consequences that the wtbts and Jehovah's witnesses engineer to hurt dissidents. How I wish the wtbts did not need to be threatened legally in order to act morally and ethically!
  • rebel8
    rebel8

If the elders disfellowship her for apostasy, she knows that the congregation will speculate about her moral behavior. May be some sisters, who were her friends, will say that she was disfellowshipped for committing sexual immorality, and so on. So, she told me that if she is disfellowshipped, she will make public this act of defamation.

Am I correct that the offense is no longer alluded to in the df announcement at the hall? If so, the persons defaming her would be those speculating and spreading rumors, not the elders...right?

(I am not defending the elders in any way, but I am quite skeptical this strategy has any legal viability. Correct me if I'm wrong. I do not know what country you're in or what your laws are.)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    DD what an excellent line with the tea leaves. Is this yours or just one i've not heard before? I so want to use that one 😎

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Can i just ask, i was reading somewhere (dont remember where) of somebody who said they would take legal action if the elders said their name from the platform without their permission. Is that right? Do they need your permission to make a public announcement concerning your name?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

They are chicken shi*s! Once they learn that there is legal counsel involved, they bolt. This is how I would play it. They want to bully, that is what they are good at. Once you involve legal representation, they will head for the hills! Cowards!!!

They want to intimidate the weaker ones because they know they can. Once they meet a stronger one, they run! They can't handle it!

• cognac
    cognac

"God, this makes me so sad. We have lost folks to suicide due to shunning right here on this board. People who have struggled for years with the consequences that the wtbts and Jehovah's witnesses engineer to hurt dissidents. How I wish the wtbts did not need to be threatened legally in order to act morally and ethically!"

This is post reminds me of Oompa. I still miss him... :(

It it infuriates and disgusts me that they have to be forced to back off. Ughhhhh

• steve2
    steve2

If they feel constrained against publically announcing a disfellowshipping or dissociation, they will be advised by the organization's legal counsel to do so in a less formal and public manner and not use the language. That way the individual will be effectively 'marked' or disfellowshipped and will never be told. They get the exact same result without the legal snags.

The Legal Department in the organization has one brief: Minimize fallout.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Once you document that you're suicidal tendency exits you are on the radar of the mental health system and possibly the police. Don't play with fire for these clowns. Don't ever swear to something like that if it isn't true! Its foolish and not in your best interests. Just threaten to sue and move on if they do it, Screw them.
  • kairos
    kairos

I am very seriously considering heading down to city hall and explaining my situation clearly and reasonably. Then ask for a restraining order against the body of elders...

Anyone do this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit