CARDINAL LAW OUT

by Yerusalyim 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

flower is right.

Law moved many preists that were known molesters to different parishes.He did this with the full knowledge that it was possible they would harm more children.When hundreds of preists in Massachusetts signed a paper to get Law to resign,it gives you the idea that he is a guilty man.

A good friend of mine could say a few choice words about Law.Her father was molested for years by Father Gagen,and still carries many emotional scars from it.Law lied straight to her dads face and told him he would never have moved him if he knew such things.This was a bold face lie,because later documentation came out that proved otherwise.

Law has finally done what he should have done many years ago.Too bad so many children had to suffer because of his choices.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Thanks for your research, Yeru. So I'm still "in".

I agree, it is all a big bunch of bull xxxx, but at least Catholics that have fallen off the path like myself are not shunned and treated as dead by our family and friends.

As far as going to confession is concerned, I never believed in it even when I was a kid so I would not do it any how. And the communion, well my husband and I went to a Mass for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary in which they had their vows renewed. When it was time for communion, I got in line with my mother (she is a devout Catholic but agrees with me, why should I not be allowed to take communion just because I got divorced) and my husband followed suit. Up we went. I don't think I will be strucken down. Guess I am a bit rebellious, always have been.

• YERU2
    YERU2

Most priests would tell you that the communion issue is between you and God. On the other hand some would be sticklers for the letter of the Law. I like confession and find it in scripture, sorta, so I do the confession thing.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Watch out WTBS pedophiles. You may be next. Hopefully Laws resignation is just the tip of the iceberg and begins a domino effect.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yeru, I can vouch for what you're saying. I didn't pay a cent for my annullment. And if someone's prior marriage was outside of the church, that is a simple process. Why would a priest make those rediculous statements, including that they are "excommunicated"? Obviously it was bunk since there was no writ but I can't fathom why he would say that.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi Blue Sapphire.

That is why my husband and I told the priest to stick it regarding paying for annulments. Especially in my case in which I married outside the church. That marriage is not recognized by the Catholic Church, which was my issue. If it was not recognized, why should I pay for something to be "cancelled out" that in the eyes of the Church, never happened. I know of other people "who got taken". Strange, that same priest that gave us those answers was removed from another church six months ago because there were child molestation complaints placed against him.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

I just finished watching a live TV broadcast from Boston (I work about 20 miles outside Boston) in which one of the attorneys for the victims was speaking. A few of the victims also spoke, a father and son, both molested by priests.

The attorney who was heading the broadcast was highlighting some of the new cases that will be brought forth. The documents regarding the newer cases included communications from Bernard Law in the early 90's (92, 94). It made me sick and sad. From what was said there are now about 400 cases.

I have seen so many different things in my life time - the first space ship, the assassination of President Kennedy, invention of the color TV, the final desegregation of schools in Mississippi, and now the beginning of change in the Catholic Church.

Maybe with this new beginning, the WTS will change also and stop protecting their pedophiles and stop shunning people just because their dare to have a different point of view.

I know all the JW's cannot be alike and that many of them act the way they do because they are afraid of being treated like the living dead. I have a very sweet JW friend who is doing the fade. This is why I found this board because I was researching what the JW's were all about - I did not have a clue.

Why can't all the JW's who are against the WT stand together like the Catholic abuse victims did and say, "We won't take this anymore!" ? I know it's much more complex, but there has to be more JW's that do not agree with what is going on in their religion that the ones that agree entirely with it. Most of you folks were JW's at one point in time or are doing the fade like my friend and there must be plenty more out there.

Hey, if the Catholic Church can be taken on, so can the WTS.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm happy about Law going, FINALLY. I hope he sees jail time too. At the same time, there are innocent victims in this witch hunt as well. The priest in my parish, as I've stated before, was removed when one allegation was made against him. One allegation. The allegation was made by a 42 year old man who is under indictment for molesting his own children. This guy said the molestation took place when he was 8. No other allegations have been made by anyone. The guy says it happened just once. This stuff ain't meeting the profile of a pedophile that we're familiar with. The priest, to his credit, has contacted a lawyer and is suing the guy for slander. With the recent changes in the USCCB (Bishops' Conference) policy limiting canonical procedures against priests to 10 years after victims reach the age of 18 the priest should be restored to his post. The problem is, it's easy to make these allegations, once they're made, true or false, the reputation is permanently scared.

The bishop that removed the priest I'm talking about is also the head of the USCCB. The priest and bishop have been at odds since the bishop came in from Chicago. The Bishop was too "liberal" for the priest. I hope the animosity between the two didn't have anything to do with the removal of the priest. Still, the priest's reputation is damaged, the parish he was ripped from is devastated. Lets get rid of the pedophiles, but lets be sure we aren't convicting people based only on allegations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit