Oh My God, we associated with "worldly people!"

by ToesUp 19 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Glad you had a good time ToesUp. Your overdue for the birthday thing too!

I went to my first birthday party (not for me - for someone else) last night.

I dont know the last time I was with such genuine people. Very fun.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So sorry for this happening to you.

Those worldly people are dreadful, aren't they? 😜

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Good for you guys, all of you finding life on the outside. My wife and I had dinner tonight with a couple and their 1 year old son and had a blast. Got to play with and hold a little kid, which was awesome. Had great conversation from people that actually support us instead of looking to judge us. We could just be. It's so freeing. We even hugged at the end without anyone having sex, men bugging other men's wives, gasp! Life can be amazing without the straight jacket of dogma and fear holding everything in.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

dubstepped

Ain't life grand? Glad you are finding true friends and freedom!

millie210

Glad you have found genuine friends. Enjoy each moment!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's great to blow away all those old taboos isn't it? No guilt trips, no wondering if anybody might see you, just see that movie, wear that cute dress, tell someone happy birthday, things most people take for granted.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

LisaRose

Yes, it is! So great to be free and truly loving! No judgement!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Toes: that's great to hear. Reality is a lot less about doom and gloom than people would have you think.

cognac14 hours agoAwwww, that's so awesome!!!
    Today my 6 year old insisted on a birthday cake. So, we celebrated her birthday. Again. It is not her birthday, lol

You sound like the world's greatest mom. Nice to know there are parents like you, it gives me a lot of hope for the future generation!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    cognac: Awwww, that's so awesome!!!
    Today my 6 year old insisted on a birthday cake. So, we celebrated her birthday. Again. It is not her birthday, lol

Your 6 year old has a point that escapes about 8 million JW's. We should celebrate every day, not just see them as something to endure until the Big A comes to wipe out the rest of humanity that we have to put up with on a daily basis so that we can finally find some happiness. "Jehovah's happy people" as they like to refer to themselves are the biggest killjoys on the surface of the earth. Live, laugh, love, as they say. Kids can teach us a lot about how life could be if we didn't get so many things conditioned into or out of us as life advances. So, happy birth of Sunday the 9th to you all. Hopefully you took time to enjoy it like it was the last time you would get to enjoy that particular day.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Dubstepped: well said!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

No sex on the table with the other mate (swapping), no cocaine snorting or weed smoking - oh dear. Maybe next time.

Just kidding, glad you had a good time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit