Regional Convention in Scotland

by The Searcher 33 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Walking towards my seat after lunch, I made eye-contact with a J.W. male walking towards me. As we were passing, he smiled and said 'hello', so I replied with, 'hello'.

Well, if a member of the G.B. is humble enough to talk to me, the least I can do is respond!!

Mark Sanderson is here.

Funny thing is, I had in my hand one of my "apostate" tracts I'd printed - ready to place it somewhere!!

Maybe I should have just handed it to him.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Ask him how Geoffry is doing these days!!
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Maybe I should have just handed it to him.

That would have been quite ballsy. I wish I could have seen his face once he'd seen what it was.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I'm here in Glasgow for 3 days in the guise of helping families...my friend is on security and I asked why the heavy mob and I learnt it was indeed Mark Sanderson...I watched him in his talk...he is so fat in the head...it is massive!

Barring that there were things that annoyed me...the emotional video of someone who was inactive thinking about returning was pathetic, all emotion based...also there was an experience of a sister with a foot issue who said she prayed to Jehoover that she had "had enough"...then all the medical issues she had went away...you CANT say that from the platform...that means all those who DONT have their medial issues cured are going to assume they are not faithful. From the platform you are supposed to say Jehoover helps by the congregation, by bible study and association NOT by divinely intervening in your medical issues as that is simply untrue.

It is also unbreathable air in the arena so I took our kids outside to play...

If there are anymore here tomorrow that know TTATT I'm happy to meet up for an "apostate" chat!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I might say after sitting through this 3-day assembly, I will say that this was probably the most thought-controlling, thought-inducing, manipulative assemblies of all time. Seems like they are really tightening the leg irons.
  • sir82
    sir82

Mark Sanderson is here.

Did he have a chalupa in each hand?

Did you see the flock of 40-something pioneer virgins fluttering behind him at a respectful but worshipful distance?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I might say after sitting through this 3-day assembly, I will say that this was probably the most thought-controlling, thought-inducing, manipulative assemblies of all time. Seems like they are really tightening the leg irons.

That is what I thought too after the first day! The security around the GB guy was just over the top...I had a real urge to storm the platform when he was on and shout things about TTATT...for some strange reason...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hey, you didn't do bad SEARCHER. . .

Sanderson is really an OK guy (other than being one of the seven leaders of an 8 million member, worldwide cult.)

You did better than my wife: she ended up sitting in the same row as AMIII at the regional convention.

• cofty
    cofty
    a sister with a foot issue who said she prayed to Jehoover that she had "had enough"...then all the medical issues she had went away.

Wow. They believe in faith healing now do they?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Wow. They believe in faith healing now do they?

I kid you not that is what happened...on the morning talk on prayer...I wad rather miffed at it because it generally makes people wonder why Jehoover doesn't cure their illness and they then get depressed...the experience was the person had a medical issue, she prayed when she couldn't take anymore and then ALL her medical issue cleared up and she thanked Jehoover.

My wife caught me shaking my head at this bit.

Then there was Mark Sanderson talk on returning to Jehoover when you are inactive and he asked a rhetorical question to those inactive, "Is your life really any better since stopping association with JW's?"...Yes out loud I said to the surprise of those seated next to me and my wife's annoyed look...hehe...he did ask.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit